ITO CSR Technical Consultant
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-09-11
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
- Provide campus users technical support and maintenance of computer both hardware, software and first level networking issues on campus.
- Performs hands-on fixes, including software/hardware install and upgrade, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions and steps required to modify computer system.
- Discusses with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identfy problems, and learn specific input and output requirements such as forms of data input, how data is to be summarized, and formats for reports.
- Access and install appropriate upgrades, patches, drivers, etc and correct system errors to maintain system after and during implementation.
- Creates computer images and test them to make sure there is no system errors before deployment.
- Assist in evaluating computer system capabilities, effectiveness and limitations to determine if requested program application or program change is possible and needed within the system.
- Documents technical problems/assignments of requests from campus users for knowledge base purposes and assist users resolving their computer related issues for their business operation purposes
- Ability to install, configure and place Windows and Apple-based platforms and associated hardware devices including but not limited to printers, copiers and scanners.
- Perform inventory, general and preventive maintenance of computers as well as campus software to ensure license compliance and proper documentation.
- Assist in software installation, upgrade and configurations.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization and other departments to help support and train users.
- Assist with moving/transferring all computer or electronic related equipment for the purpose of transferring to a different department, surplus or disposal.
- Performs other computer support or IT Operational tasks as directed by Manager.