Posting Code: 2858882
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Facilities Maintenance
To perform semi-skilled duties in the operation, maintenance and repair of buildings and related facilities and systems; perform related work.Level Scope:
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.Essential Functions:
The Maintenance Craftsman must:
● Maintains and repairs electrical panels, circuits, wiring, receptacles, and switches; replaces motors, fans, lights, starters, ballasts, and auxiliary heat systems; assists journeyman electricians. Maintains and repairs plumbing faucets, sinks, drains, toilets, tubs, water heaters and water service and drain lines; repairs leaks; repairs steam traps; assists journeyman plumbers. HVAC. Maintains and repairs heating; monitors boiler room; checks and repairs leaks in heating/cooling systems. May maintain parking areas and boat ramps.
● Services and repairs gas lines; conducts preventive maintenance on building devices and systems; operates equipment; maintains hand and power tools associated with mechanics, carpentry, electrical plumbing, and general building maintenance; patches and repairs roofs; installs door and lock hardware; moves furniture; paints walls and woodwork; patches and repairs pavement; welds; cleans and shampoos carpet; replaces broken windows; shovels snow; and minor maintenance and repair of equipment; may install and maintain signs.
● Builds partitions and walls, installs windows, door frames, stairways and railings; hangs doors; repairs damaged wall surfaces; sands and refinishes hardwood floors; builds and sets forms and pours and finishes concrete; builds fences and gates.
● Assists other maintenance staff performing general related duties; may function as lead worker over non-skilled staff; responds to emergency callbacks; may perform duties in the organization, operation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
● Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance
● Ability to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed
Some knowledge of: heating and cooling system maintenance and repair.
Experience: performing semi-skilled maintenance and repair involving carpentry, plumbing, electrical and general building maintenance trades work; using and maintaining tools and equipment normally associated with carpentry, mechanics, plumbing, and electrical work.
This position pays $14.14 an hour. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.
Advertised: September 11, 2020
Applications close: September 20, 2020