Content Specialist / Writer
Posting DetailsJob TitleContent Specialist / WriterPosition Number996990DepartmentEnrollment Management OperationsSalary$33,000Job Summary/Description
Under the immediate direction of the Marketing Coordinator, work closely with the university’s undergraduate recruitment marketing team (Director of Operations, Marketing Coordinator, Director of Admissions, Campus Communications & Marketing) to create, monitor and maintain high quality, relevant content resulting in improved return on investment.
Continuously apply the most current higher education recruitment marketing research for both prospective undergraduate students and parents of prospective undergraduate students to ASU’s recruitment marketing strategies. Monitor our communication content and compare it to industry benchmarks and trends.
Write and edit marketing and transactional content with direction from the undergraduate recruitment marketing team.
Develop, monitor and maintain a network of secret shoppers within our own CRM as well as top industry competitors.
Serve as back up for for the Marketing Coordinator and the Communications Coordinator.Typical Duties/Job Duties
1. Create, monitor and maintain high quality, relevant content for all stages of recruitment and admission resulting in improved communication ROI.
2. Continuously apply the most current higher education recruitment marketing research for both prospective undergraduate students and parents of prospective undergraduate students to ASU’s recruitment marketing strategies. Monitor our communication content and compare it to industry benchmarks and trends.
3. Develop, monitor and maintain a network of test recruits/secret shoppers within our own CRM as well as top industry competitors. Ensure all cohorts are receiving communication as intended.
4. Work closely with the University’s Communications & Marketing office on the planning, creation and delivery of recruitment publications ensuring appropriate documentation in CRM.
5. Serve as backup to the Marketing Coordinator and the Communications Coordinator in the scheduling and sending of automated emails and the production and dissemination of printed communications.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to convert brand strategy in value-added content that supports recruitment goals
Understand and contribute significantly to content strategy and prospective student journeys
Evaluate and improve upon content and use of link, button and graphic strategies to improve movement through the funnel.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Utilization of a high level of judgment in the creation, editing, approving and publishing of content.
Work effectively both independently and with a wide variety of individuals in a team atmosphere
Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and priorities in an effective and efficient manner to meet deadlines
Dependable and professional with a focus to provide excellent customer service to internal university constituents
Must be proactive and comfortable taking initiative in terms of brainstorming, strategy, research and creativity.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or relevant field of study. One year of experience in content planning/writing. One year of experience in higher education in a marketing, admissions or recruiting position in a higher education environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.Preferred QualificationsPhysical Requirements
Sitting for prolonged periods of time, standing or walking periodically.EEO Statement
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting NumberS313POpen Date09/11/2020Close DateDesired Start Date10/16/2020Review Start DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
3 writing samples must be submitted as the “other” required document.Required Number of ReferencesSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (Unofficial)
- List of References