The University of Texas Permian Basin invites applications for the position of Bursar. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Bursar will exercise managerial responsibility and provide technical support for postings, corrections, and collections of Student Accounts.
• Oversees the overall operations of student financial services
• Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Cashiering, Student Accounts, and Student Accounts Receivable
• Ensures compliance with university, state, and federal regulations and standard accounting procedures.
• Weekly reconciliation of Student Accounts Receivables
• Set up new Item Types
• Monthly reconciliation of all Receivable accounts; except Grants and Sponsored Programs receivables
• Manages book voucher process; reconciles transactions to bookstore invoices
• Provides periodic reports of receipts and collections to the university community and to external funding agencies.
• Manages third party billings
• Recommends and participates in the development of university policies and procedures; may serve on university planning and policy-making committees
• Encourages customer-oriented staff interaction with students, parents, and administrators
• Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records, as required
• Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement
• Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives; oversees recruitment, training, supervision, and evaluation of unit staff
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties, as assigned
• Backup for Cashier Supervisor • Other duties, as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field plus three (3) years’ related experience OR a combination of education and work experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired; applicants with a high school diploma/GED equivalency and five (5) years’ work experience in accounts receivable may be considered
• Excellent administrative, communication, and organizational skills
• Advanced knowledge of all applications of the Microsoft Office package, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Must be able to pass a Level 1 criminal background check
SCHEDULE: Generally, the hours for this non-exempt position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5pm, but the incumbent must be flexible to meet the department’s needs.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applicants must submit a UTPB electronic application in order to be considered.
Please include all required documents with your submission.
Unofficial transcripts of all college work are acceptable for purposes of the application. Official transcripts are required upon hire.
The University offers an excellent compensation package which includes a broad range of employee benefits including free health insurance (employee only) as well as a generous retirement program. We invite you to learn more at www.utpb.edu.
The University of Texas of the Permian Basin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
UTPB participates in e-Verify.