SENIOR DIRECTOR CLINICAL LABORATORY ADMINISTRATION
SENIOR DIRECTOR CLINICAL LABORATORY ADMINISTRATION
Posting Number: SRGV4643
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Directs the overall operation and administration of the clinical laboratory, including communication, planning, staffing, fiscal management, and assuring compliance with applicable regulations. Ensure the safe operation and workflow of all laboratory services, which may include Anatomic Pathology Services, Blood Services, Chemistry, Hematology, Immunology/Serology, Laboratory Information Technology, Microbiology, Phlebotomy and Office Services, Offsite Laboratory facilities and Point-of-Care Testing. In conjunction with the Medical Director and Laboratory Director, ensures efficient and accurate laboratory services to physicians, patients and other departments.
Description of Duties:
• Directs, plans and manages the overall laboratory operations and workflows in the laboratory and the phlebotomy collection sites to assure optimal efficiency and effectiveness and to assure coordination with UTHRGV.
• Develops laboratory plan and establishes goals and objectives that contribute to the overall system strategic plan with input from staff and administration.
• Plans, organizes and controls workflow of the department and the phlebotomy collection sites in order to accomplish all laboratory functions from preanalytical to postanalytical phases in a safe, efficient and accurate manner.
• Plans, reviews and oversees the departmental budget, including capital and operations budget.
• Plans, reviews and approves capital, operating, man-hour and revenue budgets for all Laboratory Sections.
• Works with UTHRGV SOM leadership to plan, develop and implement strategic initiatives including but not limited to the expansion of services, draw site locations and test menu offerings.
• Formulates, implements, and monitors progress of goals and objectives for the laboratory, consistent with the institution’s and UTHRGV strategic and operating plans.Ensures that the laboratory and its environmental conditions are appropriate for the testing performed and provides a safe environment in which employees are protected from physical, chemical and biological hazards.
• Ensures that the Laboratory Information System (LIS) in conjunction with UTRGV Information Technology (IT) is functioning properly, plans and coordinates testing for upgrades and troubleshoots issues.
• Recommends charge assignment to test procedures and ensures optimal revenue collection by appropriate CPT-4 coding and Charge Master Maintenance and adheres to the compliance plan.
• Serves as a subject matter expert for Laboratory Supervisors, Medical Technologists, Laboratory Technicians and Phlebotomists.
• Establishes effective working relationships with the medical staff, administration, and other UTHRGV ancillary departments.
• Communicates and collaborates with others to enhance teamwork, resolves problems and identifies opportunities to improve customer services.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Master’s Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration or related field.
Five (5) years increasingly responsible experience in a clinical laboratory to include supervisory experience.
Experience in academic healthcare.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley.
Professionalism, Tact, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality of medical information required in all matters. Possible exposure to combustible materials. Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 09/21/2020
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/25753
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency