Vice President for Student Development and Dean of Students
Gardner-Webb University seeks an experienced, innovative, and visionary Vice President and Dean of Students to provide leadership and overall management of the Division of Student Development. The VP for Student Development and Dean of Students is responsible for administering and supervising a comprehensive student development program, which includes: Counseling Center, University Police, Housing and Residence Education, Title IX and ADA Compliance, Center for Personal and Professional Development, Diversity and Multicultural Initiatives, Student Activities, Campus Recreation, and New Student Orientation. Reporting directly to the President, the incumbent will shape and head a team charged with realizing the student development goals articulated in the University’s Strategic Plan for 2020-2025.
We seek candidates who possess a deep understanding of the current higher education landscape, especially the paths to student success at small, private universities.
The general duties of the Vice President for Student Development and Dean of Students include the following:
- Advance the mission, vision, and short- and long-term goals of the University in coordination with the President;
- Serve as a member of President’s leadership cabinet;
- Serve as Chair of the Student Development Leadership Team;
- Communicate student development updates effectively to the University community and to members of the Board of Trustees;
- Recruit, hire, train, retain, inspire, and hold accountable a robust staff dedicated to ensuring the success of students from all backgrounds;
- Establish and assess goals, objectives, programs, services, and activities consistent with the mission of the University and the development process of students;
- Serve as the Chief Student Judicial Affairs Officer with internal and external constituencies;
- Assist in enforcement and processing of University Academic Honesty Policy;
- Serve on the University Academic Honor Court;
- Maintain, update, and distribute the student handbook;
- Work closely with the executive officers, faculty advisor, and staff advisor of the Student Government Association;
- Manage Student Development budget;
- Serve as an advocate for the University in the community and with local and state leaders;
- Any other duties as assigned by the President.
Gardner-Webb University (gardner-webb.edu) is a coeducational, residential, private Christian institution, located in Boiling Springs, North Carolina with easy access to Charlotte, Asheville, and Greenville-Spartanburg. The University offers 60+ undergraduate and graduate degree programs to approximately 3,500 students. GWU is a Carnegie-classified Doctoral/Professional University. In 2020, Gardner-Webb was home to students from 89 counties in North Carolina, 40 US states, and 20 foreign countries. GWU is a NCAA Division I institution with 22 athletic teams and more than 500 student-athletes.
Founded by North Carolina Baptists in 1905, Gardner-Webb University employs individuals who share and support Christian values. Salary and benefits are competitive with institutions of similar size and purpose.
Candidates should possess a doctorate or doctoral equivalent or more than ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidates should send application information and must include a letter of interest addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, and the names and full contact information of three (3) references to: Mrs. Stephanie Stearns at [email protected] The subject line should read: VP for Student Development position.
Review of complete employment applications will begin as soon as they are received. Applicants should apply by October 15, 2020. Position will remain open until filled.
Apply for Vice President for Student Development and Dean of Students
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly