Under the direction of the Registrar, the Associate Registrar would perform professional and administrative work supervising the registration process for all students. The Associate Registrar would be responsible for the evaluation of transfer transcripts, the maintenance of student records, and the process of withdrawal forms and change of grade forms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Gain knowledge of curriculum programs, transfer processes, and transcript evaluations.
- Assist with daily operations related to the Office of the Registrar including, but not limited to: managing all aspects of CAMS Software pertaining to student academic records.
- Counsel students and advisors/program directors in degree and major requirements; offer advisor training sessions to new advisors. Responsible for all aspects of academic advising. Such responsibilities include new advisor training, advisor workshops, training manuals, advisor changes, and advisor folders.
- Manage the College Catalog, which includes but not limited to changes in the curriculum, general College Catalog, general College policies, student guidelines, and directory information.
- Collaborate with academic and other departments to contribute to updates and maintenance of College Catalog.
- Know general rules, regulations and policies of the college, and disseminate information to constituencies and community, in accordance with FERPA and other laws.
- Evaluate incoming transcripts from other collegiate and military institutions. Work with department chairs to determine course equivalency.
- Assist students with finding equivalent courses to transfer back to Louisburg College.
- In conjunction with the Registrar, coordinate the College’s scheduling process and required data entry.
- Responsible for all aspects of withdrawals from college. This includes maintaining data, contacting instructors/students, and ensuring the process is completed within the federal time frame.
- Collaborate with academic and other departments to contribute to the retention of students.
- Responsible for maintaining student records and entry of computer placement testing.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of graduation in addition to the evaluation of the student records and all diploma preparation. (Responsible for all aspects of graduation as related to the registrar’s office. Such responsibilities include student evaluations, graduation applications, diplomas, graduation fair, final transcript degree updates, and ceremony)
- Assist with drop/add period. (Process all drop/adds)
- Co-manage the planning and implementation of graduation in addition to evaluation of the student records, graduation applications, diploma preparations, graduation fairs, and final transcript degree updates
- Work with academic departments to support regulatory compliance, assist with articulation agreements and other general advisement services as needed.
- Represent the Registrar’s Office on various campus committees and campus meetings.
- Assist with new student orientation (SOAR).
- Assist with SACS narratives.
- Work in cooperation with other offices and individuals across the college.
- Work to continually improve processes and services we offer to our students and faculty/staff.
- Updating the website (graduation page, VA page, form updates)
- Respond to requests for data from administration, departments and other campus divisions.
- Coordinate/oversee the office’s use of communication management and help coordinate short and long-range planning of office function and flow.
- Maintain oversight of office procedural manual.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science or closely related field; 1 year of relevant work experience in higher education preferred.
- Computer experience required. Demonstrate proficiency in the following – Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and accuracy required.
- Ability to analyze a variety of administrative problems, to make sound recommendations as to their solutions, and to prepare working procedures.
- Ability to be sensitive and respond appropriately to the needs and concerns of students, faculty, college staff and the public.
- Foster and maintain a positive atmosphere to ensure all interactions are handled with the highest level of professionalism and customer service.
- Ability to work under pressure with a high tolerance for interruptions, and the ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to multitask and be team-oriented.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive information.
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Some performance of job duties may require evening hours and occasional weekends.
Louisburg College, related by faith to the Methodist Church, is located in Louisburg, NC, and is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes all applicants to apply.
The application process and review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested candidates should submit an application package to Carla Washington at [email protected] which includes the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- Unofficial transcripts from each college/university attended
- Contact information for at least three (3) professional references
Louisburg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications of all qualified individuals. It is the policy and practice of the College to provide equal opportunity to all persons. The College does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, national origin, age (as defined by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act), religion, gender, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, advancement, compensation, benefits, transfer, and termination.
Related by faith to The United Methodist Church, Louisburg College is committed to offering a supportive community which nurtures young men and women intellectually, culturally, socially, physically, and spiritually. As a two-year residential institution, we provide a bridge for students to make a successful transition from high school to senior colleges and universities.
Apply for Associate Registrar
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly