Video Coordinator, Womens Basketball
Video Coordinator, Womens Basketball
Job Number: 87267
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletic program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 126 NCAA championship titles, completed an unprecedented sweep of both the men's and women's Capital One Cups, and have brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We support nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on 36 intercollegiate athletics teams and also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embodies a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way”, which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
Stanford University Athletic Department seeks applicants for Video Coordinator for Women's Basketball. The Video Coordinator will assist the women's basketball program with all aspects of providing video support for the Coaches, Players, and others as assigned. Duties will include, but not limited to: videotaping practice and games, digitizing/logging practice and game video, organizing all aspects of film exchange with future opponents, editing and organization of video server. This is a fixed-term position with the opportunity for renewal.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Support coaches with day to day practice and game preparation
- Video practice
- Edit practice and games for coaches and players
- Coordinate all aspects of video exchange with future opponents
- Digitize game video of opponents for coaches
- Create video clips of Stanford players for coaches' analysis on video server
- Edit teaching, clinic, and recruiting videos
- Edit and produce in-season highlight video
- Pack and set up all necessary video and computer equipment for road contests
- Manage video budget
- In charge of purchases related to the development and function of video department
- Collaborate with users to determine appropriate medium, create concepts, plan production, and produce media to include logistics, video shooting, music and sound effect selection, computer graphics, animation, digital effect creation, editing and tape duplication.
- Research, prepare and may produce digital media for training, documentation, and other communicative purposes for both internal and external audiences.
- Set up, operate and troubleshoot on a variety of equipment including laptops, video cameras, video projection, video conferencing, still photography, analog and digital audio recording.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Must have training in video production and or on the job experience working with cameras, computers, and editing software.
- Strong knowledge of basketball is required.
- Must have experience with Sportstec and Synergy digital video software, or other video software
- Demonstrated technical experience using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software, and/or digital media control software.
- Knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery.
- Knowledge of camera, lighting, sound and editing.
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Good interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective time management skills.
- Must be dependable, trustworthy and detail oriented.
- Frequent travel and work on weekends, evenings, holidays, and flexbile shifts.
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for insuring that his/her involvement with Athletic Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and PAC-12 rules and regulations.
Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to apply:
Please include a cover letter, resume, and three references submitted as a single attachment with your application. All applications must be submitted via Stanford's Careers webpage.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory for all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with any disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or another other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4923
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: H
- Department URL: http://cancer.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 87267
Location: Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency