Professional Tutor - Technical Programs
1. Associate’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution.
2. Previous experience providing online learning support and/or instruction.
3. Demonstrate expertise in at least one of the following areas: accounting, business, criminal studies, early childhood, electrical engineering technology, information technology, mechatronics engineering technology, medical office administration, or nursing.
4. Demonstrate excellent communication skills and have the ability to multitask in an active online setting.
5. Demonstrate commitment to professionalism, courtesy, friendliness, and confidentiality.
6. Ability to use computers and software in virtual and face-to-face sessions, including Microsoft Word and Excel, email, and video-conferencing applications such as Collaborate and Microsoft Teams.
7. Communicating with course instructor to devise plans to best help individual students, as (or when) necessary.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited postsecondary institution.
2. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email and video-conferencing applications such as Collaborate, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom.
This position will provide assistance to individual students and small groups of students through virtual and face-to-face sessions. These sessions might include the tutor and the student(s) reviewing class material, discussing the text, formulating ideas for papers and working on solutions to problems.
The essential job functions of this position will include:
- Meeting with students through scheduled or nonscheduled virtual and face-to-face sessions.Completing all required forms and documentation by the established deadlines.Following up with tutees in a timely manner when requested.Communicating any issues, concerns or suggestions with the supervisor.Attending training sessions and meetings.Performing other duties as necessary for effective tutoring.
A completed Southeastern Community College application, a resume, letter of interest addressing the requirements and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Initial review of applications will begin on 8/24/2020. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer