Part Time HVAC Instructor
1. Significant work experience in the field of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning
2. An associate's or higher level degree from a regionally accredited institution
3. Ability to teach courses offered in: Heating Technology, Refrigeration Systems, Preventive Maintenance and Basic Repair
4. Willingness to work irregular hours including nights and weekends as necessary
5. Exceptional interpersonal relations skills
6. Exceptional oral and written communication skills
7. Desire to use or learn to use technology (i.e. Internet) to deliver instruction
8. Commitment to the community college "open door" philosophy and the comprehensive community college concept
Since quality instruction is the primary function of the college, it is the principal responsibility of each Instructor to effectively and efficiently stimulate learning in every course. These courses provide basic instruction in heating technology, refrigeration systems, preventive maintenance and basic repair. Format for the course will include classroom instruction and individualized demonstrations of skills utilized in the field. Salary range will be based on qualifications and experience. (Contracts are per course and are paid in equal monthly installments.)Application Procedures
Excellent references from previous employers must be furnished upon request.
A completed Southeastern Community College application form, a resume, and educational transcripts (unofficial copies of transcripts will be sufficient for the screening process, but official copies must be submitted prior to employment) must be submitted to the college Human Resources Office in order for applicants to be considered for this position. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Applicants should send all documents and inquiries to the Human Resources Office, Southeastern Community College, P.O. Box 151, Whiteville, NC 28472.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer