Administrative Specialist - Residence Life
Administrative Specialist - Residence Life
University of Puget Sound
Job ID: 5461
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Regular/Temporary: Regular Staff Posting Details
Appointment: Regular, part-time, (0.8 FTE) 32 hours per week.
Position Summary: Provides administrative support for the Residential Experience department consisting of the Office of Residence Life and the Office of Rights and Responsibilities. Provides daily support to the Residential Experience department and serves as general office manager. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Administrative Support for Residential Experience:
- Provide Administrative Assistance to:
- Associate Dean of Students of Residential Experience
- Director of Rights and Responsibilities
- Associate Director of Residence Life
- Assistant Director for Residence Life and Functional Analyst
- Manages office reception protocols and policies
- Ensure daily telephone, in-person, and electronic inquiries from students, parents, other staff members, and departments for Residence Life and Rights and Responsibilities are routed and/or responded to promptly.
- Responsible for fielding questions about all areas of Residence Life and Rights and Responsibilities, programs and events, general questions about Puget Sound, and parent/guardian inquiries about their student's needs.
- Respond to inquiries from students, families, and staff. Provide information regarding Housing policies and procedures to staff, parents, students, and other constituents in order to provide effective customer service and interface.
- Utilize and enter data for Residence Life housing application database.
- Works with Resident Directors to support the room change process.
- Process residential billing process for all on-campus housing residents.
- Support various processes such as Late Departures and Early Arrivals; Student Leader and Professional selection and hiring processes; and Student Leader and Professional staff trainings.
- Responsible for hiring and supervising four student staff office assistants.
- Supervisory duties include assigning/overseeing/directing work, onboarding and continued coaching, conducting performance reviews, responding to complaints and taking action, developing staffing schedules, and approving timesheets.
- Maintains receipts, records income/expense, and reconciles through the preparation of Fall/Spring BVR for Residence Life and Rights and Responsibilities offices.
- Maintains receipts and records income/expense to RHA/Hall Gov
- Manage Departmental Procurement Cards
- Daily check-in/out (ensuring all necessary documentation has been submitted):
- 8 Residence Life cards for student leader use
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Computer skills including word processing, database, and spreadsheet management.
- Experience with PeopleSoft is welcomed and preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to be front-line crises manager and referral source.
- Multi-line telephone experience.
- A commitment to liberal arts education.
- A commitment to equal opportunity/affirmative action.
- A commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate, and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
Compensation and Benefits: Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/offices-services/human-resources/overview-of-university-benefit/.
Application Deadline: Search and selection procedures will be closed when a sufficient number of qualified candidates have been identified. Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than July 19, 2020 to ensure consideration.
- Letter of Interest
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry and if applicable for the position, drug screen, physical test and functional assessment.
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employment
About Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency