Assistant/Associate Clinical Professor- Occupational Therapy
The School of Health Sciences at the University of the Pacific invites qualified occupational therapists to apply for a full-time, 11-month, non-tenure track faculty position for its new Doctorate in Occupational Therapy program at the Sacramento campus.
The program is seeking for this position individuals with knowledge and expertise necessary to teach foundational coursework in OT practice and professional development.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach aspects of the OT Practice framework.
• Ensure academic quality of the course content and delivery in a positive, educational environment.
• Provide course material for a generalist practitioner in compliance with ACOTE accreditation standards.
• Assist in student recruitment, mentoring and students advising for success in their professional development.
• Develop and participate in inter-professional education activities between the program and other disciplines in the School of Health Sciences and the university.
• Use innovative instruction and technology in the development and delivery of occupation-based interventions.
• Provide evidence-based applications of OT theory.
• Conduct active learning activities in skills courses.
• Promote the scholarship of teaching and learning.
• Conduct student evaluations and provide opportunities for learning, professional growth and development of values for lifelong learning.
• Monitor student progress and assist with resolving student issues.
• Perform other related duties as assigned or requested by the program director.
• Must hold an occupational therapist license in the state of California or be eligible for licensure within one year of appointment.
• Must hold a doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, EdD, OTD) awarded by an institution that is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional accrediting body. The doctoral degree in not limited to a doctorate in Occupational Therapy.
For additional information about this position, please visit the University of the Pacific careers website.