Adjunct Nursing Instructor
Posting DetailsJob TitleAdjunct Nursing InstructorJob Description
Centralia College is committed to student success, academic excellence, and supporting our community in an inclusive and equitable learning environment.
Centralia College is seeking an adjunct professor to teach in the Registered Nursing (RN) program. The program is designed to prepare men and women to provide nursing care in a variety of healthcare settings. In addition to preparing a student to obtain licensure and compete for employment as a RN, the AAS-T RN degree provides science and general education courses appropriate for students planning a future transfer directly into selected Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) programs.Essential Duties Summary
Nursing faculty report to the Dean of Healthcare and Industrial Trades, but function under the direct supervision of the Director of Nursing.
According to WAC 246-840-523, Nursing faculty shall be responsible for:
1. Developing, implementing, and evaluating the purpose and outcomes of the nursing education program.
2. Designing, implementing, and evaluating the curriculum.
3. Developing and evaluating nursing education policies as identified in
WAC 246-840-519 (3) (a) through (e) within the framework of the policies of Centralia College.
4. Participating in or providing for academic advising and guidance of students.
5. Evaluating student achievement, in terms of curricular objectives as related to both nursing knowledge and practice, including preceptorship or mentored experiences.
6. Selecting, guiding, and evaluating student learning activities.
7. Participating in activities to improve their own nursing competency in area(s) of responsibility and to demonstrate current clinical competency.
8. Developing criteria for the selection and evaluation of clinical and practice experiences in clinical facilities or clinical practice settings, which address safety and the need for students to achieve the program outcomes and course objectives.
1. Maintain an environment that is conducive to teaching and learning.
2. Support and implement academic policies and procedures, curriculum planning and evaluation, and long-term program goals.
3. Participate in Nursing Department Advisory Committee meetings, communications, and activities.
4. Represent the nursing department at campus level meetings.
5. Represent the nursing department and the college at statewide professional meetings and to external organizations.
6. Potentially teach classes outside of the normal 8am – 5pm schedule.
1. Possess an unencumbered Washington State RN license.
2. A bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited college or university that is accredited by a nursing education accreditation body who is recognized by the United States Department of Education.
3. Applicant must be willing to attain a graduate degree within two (2) years of hire.
4. Minimum of two years related work experience as an RN.
• Teaching experience in nursing education.
• Teaching experience in other healthcare classes.
• Trainer certification for BLS, EMT, or other related field.
• Experience advising students
• Participation in professional activities and practice.
• Demonstrated ability to serve the needs of students who represent a broad spectrum of ages, abilities, ethnicity, education and cultural backgrounds
• Current clinical nursing practice
• Specialty care experience in Oncology and Medical/Surgical
• Experience in Acute Medical and/or Surgical Care, Community Health, or Mental Health experience
• Graduate degree completed or in process
• PHD or DNP completed or in process
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Centralia College has a strong institutional commitment to the principles of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we strongly urge all qualified applicants, especially people of color, persons of disability, women, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans, to apply. Centralia College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Centralia College to assure equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Centralia College does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. Designated Title II, VI, VII, IX, Section 504, ADA compliance officer: Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs, Hanson Hall Room 101, Centralia College, 600 Centralia College Blvd, Centralia WA 98531-4099, (360)623-8943.
The Human Resources Office is accessible for persons with disabilities. Those who need disability accommodation in the application/employment process, please call (360)623-8943.FLSASalary GradeCurrent Lecture/Lab RatesSalaryPosting NumberAS256POpen Date01/24/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledYesSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Adjunct employment is ongoing and filled based on need. Applications will be screened as they are received.
For further information:
Dean of Instruction, Industrial and Healthcare Programs
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Are you a current employee of Centralia College?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity (i.e. Indeed.com, The Olympian)?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3
- Teaching Philisophy
- Additional Transcripts 1
- Additional Transcripts 2
- Additional Transcripts 3