Program Assistant (Child Care Program)
Posting DetailsJob TitleProgram Assistant (Child Care Program)Job Description
Under general supervision, perform work requiring knowledge of the Child Care Program. Provide program participants, staff and the public with information regarding policies and procedures of the Child Care Program. Coordinate special projects and activities that directly support the Child Care Program students and staff. Keep accurate records and databases for the purpose of mailings, attendance, student completion and budget monitoring for the Child Care Program. Assist in classrooms as needed.Essential Duties Summary
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Act as a receptionist in the Child Care office; explaining and representing the program to perspective students, community members and professionals who inquire.
• Make attendance calls to families who are absent, keeping records of contacts and making referrals when necessary.
• File, sort and contact new referrals to Child Care.
• Maintain an accurate database of program participants.
• Organize and follow through on program mailings.
• Under the general direction of the Child Care Program Manager, coordinate Child Care Program events, orientations and activities.
• Create program fliers and newsletters.
• Use graphics and/or desktop publishing software in the creation of Child Care Program handbooks, classroom materials, grant proposals and other printed materials.
• Establish and maintain records and files, record statistical and evaluation information.
• Schedule appointments and meetings.
• Act as a resource person for enrolled and new students, as needed.
• Provide support for staff in the Child Care Program.
• Ability and training to be able to work in Child Care classrooms as care provider.
• Assist in monitoring of licensing requirements, Early Achievers documentation and ECEAP standards.
• May direct the work of others (student workers, ECE Aides) and arrange for substitutes as needed.
• Manage routine, daily schedules and tasks in the absence of Program Manager.
•High School Diploma or equivalent;
Two years of full-time clerical experience
•Be at least eighteen years old;
•Willingness/ability to obtain ECE WA State Short certificate or equivalent as approved and verified in the electronic workforce registry by the Department of Child, Youth, and Family Services within 2 years of date of hire.
•Two year of experience in an early childhood program
•Early Childhood Education State Certificate or equivalent OR Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education
•Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, and data entry
•Lift up to 50 pounds
•Bend, lift, and sit at child’s level for extended periods of time
Current negative TB test and MMR immunization prior to employment.
The successful candidate has continued employment will be contingent upon the current position or ability to obtain the following within 45 days of employment:
•Cleared Portable Background Check with Department Youth, Children and Families
•Current First Aid and CPR training documentation
•HIV/AIDS Training and/or Blood Pathogens
•Child Abuse/Neglect Training, inclusive of reporting procedures
•Food Handlers permit
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Classified employees are represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE).
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Centralia College has a strong institutional commitment to the principles of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we strongly urge all qualified applicants, especially people of color, persons of disability, women, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans, to apply. Centralia College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Centralia College to assure equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Centralia College does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. Designated Title II, VI, VII, IX, Section 504, ADA compliance officer: Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs, Hanson Hall Room 101, Centralia College, 600 Centralia College Blvd, Centralia WA 98531-4099, (360)623-8943.
The Human Resources Office is accessible for persons with disabilities. Those who need disability accommodation in the application/employment process, please call (360)623-8943.FLSASalary GradeNormally all new hires begin at entry-level on the salary range.Salary$2,799-3,616 per month, Range 35Posting NumberAS281POpen Date09/09/2020Close Date09/23/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicants
There is currently one 10 month cyclic position in the Business, Teacher Education and Family Development Child Care Program. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Assuming there is a qualified pool of candidates, a minimum of 10 candidates may be referred to the hiring supervisor for consideration. Those selected for a final interview with the supervisor may be asked to demonstrate proficiency in appropriate areas.
Position closes September 23, 2020.
Further information available from Teresa Schneider, ECEAP and Children’s Lab School Program Director, (360)623-8603 or via e-mail: [email protected]Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * How many years of experience do you have working in an office environment?
- More than 10
- * Describe your knowledge of the Child Care Program and an understanding of required paperwork.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience working in a child care program performing secretarial and child care duties.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your knowledge of Centralia College programs, child care, and Registration.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a current employee of Centralia College?
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity (i.e. Indeed.com, The Olympian)?
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Letter of Recommendation 3