PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTIST & DIRECTOR OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT, School of Public Health, Biostatisti...
PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTIST & DIRECTOR OF QUALITY MANAGEMENT, School of Public Health, Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Center (BEDAC)Tracking Code1413 Job Description
The Principal Data Scientist and Director of Quality Management will serve in two key inter-related roles in the research-computing environment. The Principal Data Scientist will lead the development of turn-key advanced analytic applications that encompass data acquisition, data processing, analysis and reporting of results. This role requires leading a cross-functional team of project managers, business analysts, content experts, application developers, data managers, statistical analysts and biostatisticians. The Director of Quality Management will oversee the continued refinement, modifications to and compliance with our standard operating procedures and develop business applications that mine our operations data to increase our efficiency and applications to automate compliance reporting. This position will require leadership of large initiatives and will require that deliverables are developed according to specification, are valid and that our quality management framework aligns with strategic initiatives as we expand our capabilities.
Essential Functions include:
- Data Coordinating Center Lead: Serve as the technical lead for multiple highly visible investigations that incorporate our full suite of services during the development and implementation phases of the project lifecycle. Collaborate with investigators to develop requirements, lead the technical team to determine platform selection and data architecture and oversee the software development lifecycle. Monitor that research is conducted as planned, regulatory and reporting requirements are met and statistical analyses are reliable and valid. Ensure research and compliance documentation and on-going quality management procedures are in place and systems and processes have been optimized. Train and support the successor as a project transitions to the maintenance and archive phases.
- Direct Quality Management Initiatives: Oversee the quality management infrastructure and ensure SOPs and supporting documentation are in place and meet GCDMP requirements. Stay abreast of GCDMP and other related requirements, guidance documents, regulations and standards and implement changes into the BEDAC quality management framework. Work with other department heads and project managers to ensure SOP related documentation are current and compliance documentation are completed according to the quality management plan for each project; rigor based on risk assessment.
- Biostatistics and Reporting: Oversee the development of statistical analysis plans and associated static and interactive reports optimizing visualization to ensure alignment with research objectives Author statistical analysis plans that require advanced statistical methods such as multi-level regression modeling and non-linear trajectory based approaches. Lead the development of manuscripts describing statistical methods and subsequent findings.
- Master’s degree in mathematics or statistics required. At least 15 years of experience leading data science applications and quality management activities in the following areas:
- Principal Investigator or Project Director for large, multi-center data coordinating and analytic centers (DCAC)
- Thorough understanding of DCAC operations, quality management frameworks, SOPs, regulations, GCDMP and risk assessment.
- Requirements and specification development, software development life-cyle, application development, testing and posting to production procedures
- Development of dynamic websites, preferably written using ASP.NET framework and SQL server
- Development of Data Management Plans and data warehouse architecture
- Development of ETL processes and understanding of change management and audit log procedures
- Development of applications to enter participant data, monitor participant engagement, form completion and data management metrics
- Development of data management reports and generation of Tables, Figures and Listings (TFLs) according to the statistical analysis plan
- Development of Statistical Analysis Plans and running statistical analysis in SAS, JMP and other statistical analysis packages
- Advanced understanding of statistical methods, presentation of findings using data visualizations
The Biostatistics and Epidemiology Data Analytics Center (BEDAC), formerly the Data Coordinating Center (DCC) has been a data management resource center since 1984. The BEDAC assists with questionnaire and data collection form design; implementation of study protocols; data management; data entry; and statistical, database, and web-based programming. Our staff of statistical programmers, web programmers, and data managers have expertise in study design; electronic data capture; subject tracking systems; quality control procedures; and statistical methods. The BEDAC creates systems and procedures to avoid many of the difficulties typically encountered in research collaborations. With an experienced team of data professionals, we can provide data management and procedural consistency to ensure the highest quality data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular