Graduate Admission Counselor
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Graduate Admission Counselor supports learning by recruiting and assisting graduate students throughout the enrollment process. This position is responsible for generating new student inquiries, guiding students through the admission and financial aid process, and assisting with registration.
Core Competencies: Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:Serves as a member of the graduate enrollment team.Responsible for recruiting graduate students for programs offered through the Center for Graduate Studies.Researches and provides accurate information about academic and transfer policies, admission procedures, and degree programs, including academic requirements. Evaluates college transcripts to determine whether students meet admission guidelines. Reads, interprets, and evaluates students’ academic credentials and make admission/denial decisions. Collaborates with other departments as necessary to define pathways for admission.Interviews and counsels students through the admission process including reviewing credentials, facilitating appointments with appropriate staff, faculty and university departments. Manages all aspects of the admission funnel, including judgments on admission status.Ensures admitted students complete the enrollment and financial aid process through to matriculation. Manages all outside recruiting events and travel based on past data and trends. Assists with planning, coordination and execution of open houses and information sessions for graduate students.Actively recommends and executes strategies for recruitment and retention of graduate students. Contributes and collaborates with departmental staff and other university departments in creation of recruiting and marketing materials.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s required, master’s preferred.
- Experience in higher education admissions and or sales helpful.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle and act upon confidential information.
- Ability to interact and communicate with a diverse group of student, staff, faculty and to develop strong working relationships with colleagues, staff, students and general public.
- Knowledge of Microsoft systems; knowledge of Colleague and Slate preferred.
- Ability to work required evening and Saturday hours.
- Flexibility with an evolving work environment.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license; ability to travel regularly to colleges, college and career fairs and businesses and provide own vehicle.
- Ability to move about campus and between campuses.
- Ability to interact via telephone, in person and via electronic media.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.Apply to: Aurora University
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 - fax
[email protected] - email
Aurora University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Share this job with your network:
Learn more on Inside Higher Ed's College Page for University