Adjunct Faculty of Education and Psychology
How to Apply to this PostingSpecial InstructionsPosting DetailsJob TitleAdjunct Faculty of Education and PsychologyFLSA StatusExemptPosted Salary RangeEmployment StatusPart Time .25DepartmentSchool of Education & PsychologyMinimum QualificationsPurpose of Job
Teaches courses in addition to evaluating students and conducting student conferences; the individual may also develop lectures, conduct seminars and serve other administrative rules within the department.Scope of Responsibilities
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Candidates for this position must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask as well as the ability to engage large groups of people with complicated material.Essential Job Functions
•Creates, distributes, and reviews the course syllabus.
• Utilizes a variety of instructional strategies in order to engage students, including cooperative and experiential learning.
• Meets with academic department chair to develop courseware and curriculum.
• Presents prepared materials and supervises organized activities.
• Evaluates student performance promptly and accurately based on departmental rubrics. • Maintains records of student attendance, involvement, and progress.
• Teaches assigned class material in accordance with learning objectivesthat are developed by the department.
• Communicates with students outside of class to provide supplementary instruction, when necessary.
• Participates in faculty meetings involving departmental updates.
• Serves on faculty panels.
• Makes copies of supplementary materials for distribution in class.
• Surveys students in order to obtain information about their wants and needs in certain courses.
Must have a Master’s degree in the academic field in which he or she intends to teach. Many of these professors have a Ph.D. in their academic field, as well. They are expected to have prior experience teaching at the university level, either as a teaching assistant or a graduate research assistant. Candidates for this position may also have professional experience in their academic field. They should have documented proof of attendance at academic conferences and publications of relevant research.Licensing and Certifications
N/AKnowledge Skills and Abilities
•Has a comprehensive grasp on his or her particular area of academic study.
• Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Exhibits a commitment to promoting academic excellence in students.
• Is able to motivate others.
• Has the ability to solve problems and assess results.
• Demonstrates a high level of self-discipline and self-motivation.
• Exudes a positive, supportive, and cooperative disposition toward others.
• Is punctual and detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to perform assigned tasks.
Alcorn State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or other factors prohibited by law in any of its educational programs, activities, services, admissions, or employment practices. The following offices are designated to handle inquires and/or complaints regarding non-discriminatory policies and procedures of Alcorn State University:
Complaints, inquiries, or specific requests in regard to Title IX and Section 504 directives should be made to: Title IX Office, Walter Washington Administration Bldg., Room 519A, Lorman, MS, 39096, (601) 877-6700.
Complaints, inquiries, or requests in regard to non-discrimination in employment practices should be made to: Human Resources Department, Walter Washington Administration Bldg., Room 107, Lorman, MS, 39096, (601) 877-6188
Questions, complaints, or requests in regard to ADA/ADAAA compliance in employment practices should also be made to the department of human resources.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional)
- Letter of Recommendation (Personal)
- Letter of Recommendation (Professional or Personal)