Student Teacher Supervisor of SPED Programs - REACH (Evergreen)
Posting DetailsTitleStudent Teacher Supervisor of SPED Programs - REACH (Evergreen)CampusSacramento DepartmentBenerd School of EducationPosting NumberF00328Full or Part TimePart TimeOpen Date08/24/2020Close DateOpen Until FilledNoDays Per WeekWeeks Per YearPosition Description
The University of the Pacific, Benerd College seeks student teacher supervisors to supervise student teachers and intern teachers on a part-time basis to students in the Elk Grove Unified School District REACH program. Our current part-time faculty are drawn from regional expertise in teaching and leadership, and offer a wealth of practitioner-based expertise to our students.
Student Teacher Supervisors are part-time, non-tenure-track employees, contracted via mutually-signed offer letters, to supervise specific students during specific semesters (specific dates) as outlined in the offer letter. Please note that faculty rank and title are contingent upon the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications.Basic Qualifications
• Must hold a graduate degree in a relevant field.
• Relevant content-specific knowledge and pedagogy (i.e., have knowledge of an
array of teaching and learning strategies associated with the subject matter content)
• Knowledge of and willingness to know current Teaching Performance Expectations
and basics of the Teaching Performance Assessment
• Relevant Professional experiences in elementary, secondary, and/or special
education educational settings
• Teaching Experience: a minimum of 3 years in elementary, secondary, and/or
special education classrooms
• Prior higher education teaching experience: Preferred, not required
• California Multiple Subject, Single Subject, and/or Education Specialist,
Mild/Moderate Disabilities or Moderate/Severe Disabilities credential (as appropriate)
• Ability to work effectively with candidates and district staff (cooperating teachers;
identified administrators) in their field settings.
• Complete all employment documents and any required trainings, and submit
employment documents such as signed offer letters in a timely manner.
• Prepare for supervision, including obtaining paperwork and evaluations that must
be completed on the student, and coordination with the appropriate Director of Field Experiences.
• Provide an environment conducive to learning.
• Adhere to all University and school policies.
• Provide supervision fairly and effectively in accordance with requirements of
the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing and Program requirements.
• Track student attendance using tools provided, and refer students to the B-hive
(Office of Student Support Services)/Director of Field Experiences if required for
attendance or performance issues.
• Must use the University’s LMS (Learning Management System) which is CANVAS,
to post syllabus, assignments, reference materials, and to communicate with
• Read submitted student work and assessments/exams, and provide written/oral
Requires extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and occasional walking and lifting.
Must have a car and be able to travel to various school sites where students and
interns are placed.
This Benerd College recruitment is to establish a pool of qualified candidates, from which multiple short term, temporary appointments may be made for the Elk Grove Unified School District REACH program anticipated for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 terms. Your application will be active for up to 12 months within the temporary pool. Applications are accepted continuously. Submission of materials does not guarantee consideration for future employment in openings of this type, since availability can be unpredictable and consideration competitive.Contact InformationContact EmailAre Applicants Required to Submit References for This Posting?NoMinimum Number of ReferencesMaximum Number of ReferencesBackground Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.AA/EEO Policy Statement
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you first learn about this employment opportunity?
- University of the Pacific Website
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Chronicle of HIgher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium - Northern California (NorCal HERC)
- Modesto Bee
- Pacific Employee
- Personal Referral
- Professional or Association Listserv
- Publication or website from a professional organization
- Sacramento Bee
- San Francisco Chronicle
- Stockton Record
- Agency Referral
- Other Online Job Board
- Have you received notice that you are under review for possible exclusion from Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- Are you currently excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other Federal health care program?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application