Associate Database Analyst
Position Summary: Performs duties to analyze, design, develop, test, implement, maintain, and support application databases and their related test and production environments. Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Will work with Database Administrator and IT team to ensure that Oracle & Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) database maintenance tasks are performed as described, but not limited to the following:
- Assist in IT infrastructure and application support, including server administration, performance monitoring, patch management, and client problem resolution.
- Monitor performance of database systems resources and query throughput
- Optimize SQL Code as necessary • Monitor and maintain database storage resources
- Monitor and maintain database maintenance plans for backups, index rebuild/defragment, and database statistics
- Oracle/SQL Server Database Installation, Upgrades, Migrations, and Configuration
- Install database software service packs and cumulative updates as necessary
- Maintain database documentation as required
- Maintain and administer database security access
- Maintaining the tuning, indexing, and performance of our existing database infrastructure
- Perform database Ad-hoc backups and restores
- Troubleshoot and resolve database connectivity issues.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within a larger business initiative.
- Follow Change Management processes to implement database configuration changes.
- Follow Problem Management processes to troubleshoot and resolve recurring issues.
- Proactively monitor and respond to database Alerts.
- 1 - 3 years’ hands-on experience in Information Technology, Some Database Administration, preferably SQL Server and Oracle
- 1 – 3 years of hands-on experience using PowerShell, Python. Perl or other scripting languages used to automate and orchestrate technical activities including installation and administration of database tasks.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivated to self-study new requirements
- Able to work well with other team members
- Excellent documentation skills
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Academic background in Computer Science or Engineering is a plus
- Strong organizational, analytical, and collaborative skills. • Provide after-hours support as required
Oral and written communication skills for contact with levels of technical and business customers. Ability to analyze needs and requirements, design, suggest and document solutions to meet customer requirements. Ability to work independently on projects assigned. Work on more than one project at a time and complete them as planned. Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure. Ability to use methodical problem-solving approaches to diagnose and identify root causes of database and database management system errors. Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
Send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, undergraduate and graduate transcripts, and at least two references to E. Sledge, [email protected]. The position will remain open until filled.
Related by faith to the Methodist Church, Louisburg College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications of all qualified individuals. It is the policy and practice of the College to provide equal opportunity to all persons. The College does not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of race, color, national origin, age (as defined by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act), religion, gender, disability, veteran's status, or sexual orientation. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship including, but not limited to, recruitment, selection, advancement, compensation, benefits, transfer, and termination.
Apply for Associate Database Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly