Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreThe Professional Research Experience Program (PREP) is a special partnership between the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and the University of Colorado Boulder. PREP provides research opportunities to CU undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers with a Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. in NIST labs to gain research experience alongside NIST scientists.
The particular group that needs a researcher is the Network Operations Group under the Public Safety Communications Research Division at NIST.What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Application code development for smartphone authentication and identity verification methods.
- Evaluation and code review of PSCR prize challenge competitions.
- Perform various application prototyping, updating, and reviews for PSCR’s various research portfolio areas.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Adaptable. Be Groundbreaking. Be Boulder.What We Require
- A Bachelor's, Master's or Ph.D. degree in computer science or a related field.
- Proven experience with full-stack web development, specifically with Java, Java scripting, CSS and HTML.
- Mobile application development with a preference towards Android operating system.
- Experience and/or knowledge or programming of mobile SIM technology.
- Specific experience with smartphone SIM technology and biometric authentication methods are also a plus.
- Familiarity of biometric authentication devices, such as fingerprint verification.
- Knowledge and/or experience of other programming languages, such as Python, C, C++, etc. a plus.
- Cover Letter
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Lisa ValenciaPosting Contact Email: [email protected]