Technical Craft Specialist B (Program Assistant)
Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Technical Craft Specialist B (Program Assistant) position. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Technical Craft Specialist B provides administrative support to the College's 10,000 Small Businesses grant team, which recruits and provides education and business support to small business owners/students. In addition to providing key administrative support to the Executive Director, this position works closely with the Program Manager and Education Services Director to provide assistance in the coordination of the 10KSB program logistics. Primary responsibilities for this position include establishing and executing specific priorities related to program goals and departmental activities, such as scheduling and preparing classrooms and course materials to support curriculum delivery and facilitation; maintaining a multi-phased and complex program application system, process and workflow and assisting program applicants through each phase of the application and interview process. Other responsibilities include event planning; and preparation of the various transmittals and reports required within the College and by the Grantor.
This is a grant-funded position. Employment is based on the continuation of grant funding.Minimum Qualifications
• High school diploma, or its equivalent (e.g., GED), is required.
• A minimum of six (6) years of administrative/clerical support work experience required.
• Excellent planning, administrative, project management and organizational skills required.
• Excellent oral and written communications and customer service skills required.
• Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze data and information and assist management with synthesis for planning, problem-solving, and decision making required.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel required.
• Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications required.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member required.
• Experience in organizing and maintaining record-keeping systems, including relevant experience with enterprise-wide management information systems required.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment with multiple and rapidly changing priorities required.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds is required.
• Ability to apply discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential issues required.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds required.
• Ability to work extended days is required, including early mornings and late evenings, particularly on classroom days.
• Associate's degree or equivalent course work preferred.
Community College of Philadelphia is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, status as a Vietnam Era Veteran or disabled veteran or any other status protected by law, in matters pertaining to employment.
• Experience with a contact management system, such as SugarCRM, or other database software preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively in front of small groups preferred.