Director of Alumni Relations
Department:: Alumni Relations
Locations:: York, PA
Posted:: Sep 9, 2020
Closes:: Sep 25, 2020 - 11:59 PM EDT
About York College of Pennsylvania:
York College of Pennsylvania, http://www.ycp.edu, is a private-sector, independent institution of higher education, offering over 60 baccalaureate majors in the arts and sciences and in professional fields as well as master's programs in business, education and nursing and a doctoral program in nursing. The College has an enrollment of over 4000 full time, over 500 part time undergraduate students and over 200 graduate students from 33 states and 37 foreign countries. The campus is located in South-Central Pennsylvania (50 miles north of Baltimore, MD, 30 miles south of Harrisburg, and 90 miles north of Washington, D.C.) and offers competitive salaries and fringe benefits.
York College is committed to building a diverse college community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply.
The Director of Alumni Relations will develop and manage programs, services, and activities for alumni. Cultivate relationships with alumni and promote ongoing contact between alumni and the college to strengthen ties and increase engagement through involvement and support. Essential Functions of this position include:
- Developing and managing a comprehensive Alumni Relations program
- Establishing engagement, cultivation, and conversation fundraising goals, objectives and metrics in accordance with strategic plan and in collaboration with Advancement partners with special emphasis on York College Fund and gift officers.
- Overseeing the creation and execution of all direct mail, email appeals, social media and printed materials.
- Analyzing Alumni Relations results/accomplishments and reporting the programs' progress to leadership.
- Advising and managing the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Fostering collaboration with campus partners.
- Maintaining a cultivation portfolio to increase alumni conversion from engagement to participation and add alumni to the fundraising pipeline.
- Overseeing professional staff including Assistant Director for Alumni Relations and the Alumni Relations Office Manager.
- Representing the College in a wide range of professional settings and constituencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree
- Experience in event planning and volunteer recruitment.
- At least five years of experience working with alumni
- Supervisory and management experience
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Working knowledge of computer applications and various electronic sites.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel, and work flexible hours (evenings, weekends).
- Ability to work with all elements of the campus community, and a diverse constituency.
York College of Pennsylvania is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For a copy of York College's Annual Security Report, you may contact the Office of Campus Safety or visit the website: Annual Security Report
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications should be received by September 25, 2020.