Library Systems Support Coordinator
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-04
TCS Education System (TCSES) is seeking a Library Systems Support Coordinator to report to the Senior Director for Library and Information Resources.
The Library Systems Support Coordinator will provide support for the TCSES Central Library’s day-to-day Electronic Resources Management (ERM) operations and Virtual Services. The ideal person has a passion for customer support, exceptional problem-solving skills, and a proven ability to learn in a fast-paced environment. The Library Systems Support Coordinator must be detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a broad range of routine Electronic Resources Management (ERM) tasks while adhering to established procedures
- Provides support for internal system-wide online chat and other virtual reference services
- Manages, resolves, and/or escalates inquiries concerning access to electronic resources and other library tools and services
- Assists with the maintenance of our eResources website and related LibGuides
- Develops and/or revises documentation in response to changing system functionality
- Coordinates the collection and evaluation of database usage statistics as needed
- Assists with invoice processing as it relates to electronic resources expenses
- Works on special projects under the direction of the Senior Director for Library and Information Resources
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Thorough knowledge of library databases and resources, including the ability to perform complex online searches
- Commitment to professional growth and willingness to obtain relevant library systems certifications
- Ability to work independently and within a team format
- Exhibit excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills to recognize and resolve problems, including unusual situations that require extensive investigation and analysis
- Ability to be flexible and readily adapt to changes in technology and workflow as needed
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a support capacity within an academic setting
- Experience supporting students/faculty in an online or virtual atmosphere, preferred
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, specifically MS Excel and Access
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.