Associate Vice President of Marketing Advertising
Job location: Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-11
The Associate Vice President of Marketing - Advertising is critical in assisting the Vice President of Marketing in enhancing local, national, and international student recruitment for TCS Education System’s colleges and universities through translating campaign and client objectives into multi-channel media plans and support strategies. The primary responsibilities of the AVP of Marketing is to serve as client manager, and campaign strategist between senior leadership at each higher education institution and the TCSES Marketing department. They are directly responsible for the client management, advertising media, insights, measurement and inquiry generation within the marketing department.
This role will work with other marketing department leadership to help set and operationalize institutional media strategies to deliver performance and efficiency; lead optimization of owned promotional media across the system and collaborate with functional partners such as institutional research, admissions, media agency partners, and other marketing teams to build a smarter promotional ecosystem. They will work to understand the competitive landscape, advertising trends, and client needs for advertising with an eye toward translating this business intelligence into specific findings that can be actionable.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable leading in a matrixed organization and understands the big picture as it relates to their functional role and department. They will expect to maintain an executive presence and have the ability to represent the team at higher levels of the organization and across the system. They will possess initiative and good judgment and will be conscientious and trustworthy.
The AVP of Marketing- Advertising opportunity is a remote based role with the expectation of travel and on-location support at campus/office locations 40% of the time.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Lead, review and oversee advertising and media budgets
- Creating and cultivating effective partnerships with senior leadership at institution
- Manage and supervise ongoing client reporting systems including monthly activity reports and client interaction.
- Works with the departments VP and AVP on determining and directing the overall positioning strategy of annual campaigns by meeting with institutional leadership to determine their goals and objectives.
- Responsible for managing the development and execution of an integrated media strategy, campaign structure, optimization and reporting for initiatives that support key institutional priorities and campus goals
- Oversee and approve campaigns, advertising buys, monitoring, and media optimizations, managing the team’s delivery and timely launch across integrated planning, activation, optimization and reporting.
- Drive innovative and out of the box thinking with respect to new ideas, programs and initiatives, with strong focus on emerging technology
- Supervise all media and production agency relationships
- Work with other senior leadership to develop annual advertising budgets, reforecast, and ensure all teams are adhering to respective budgets
- Impact measurement capabilities via innovative data sources, developing internal capabilities and selecting external partners to create and maintain a leading edge.
- Maintain a strong knowledge base of current sector developments, market trends, new mechanisms for impact, and peers in the field.
- Balance media performance metrics with brand expectations for quality
- Provides strategic marketing guidance, recommendations, and leadership to each institution, while working with the VP of Marketing, AVP, Chief Operating Officer, and TCSES Marketing Directors to ensure client needs are met.
- Interviewing, hiring and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; performance management, including appraisal, rewards and discipline; addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with TCSES policies and applicable laws.
- Provide proactive leadership, guide on training and development, and mentor staff, coaching to excellence on all teams
- Stay ahead of industry trends, tools, and platforms and know how to apply them most effectively to achieve business goals.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 12-15 years of marketing experience with minimum 5 years in marketing leadership and management role
- Agency experience preferred
- Proven track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving skills with the ability to build cross departmental collaboration
- Experience structuring solutions to business problems involving data and advanced analytics
- Detail and deadline oriented, with great time-management and change-management skills
- Experience with media planning, implementation and optimization, across various digital and traditional channels and tactics
- Ability to analyze campaign data and reports to connect creative work to media performance
- Experience in successfully delivering in ambiguous circumstances and demonstrated flexibility
- Superior client interaction skills—problem solving, negotiating, influencing, decision making—and the ability to counsel senior leadership on marketing issues, competitive analysis, and new media/technology
- Exceptional attention to detail and high standards of quality on all work produced
- Ability to travel 40% required
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.