Financial Aid Advisor (TCSES)
Job location: Richardson, TX
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-02
The Financial Aid Advisor is responsible for advising and assisting students in all our TCSES affiliate programs with all aspects of financing their education, including establishing financial aid eligibility, clarifying policies, and providing accurate information on all financing options.
- Serves as the primary contact for students with financial aid related questions.
- Counsels incoming and current students on financial aid resources.
- Collects information to verify financial aid eligibility.
- Packages financial aid for new and continuing students.
- Tracks received financial documents in student information system.
- Processes and emails financial aid awards letters
- Resolves loan rejects and other unpaid financial aid disbursement issues
- Performs financial aid information presentations for student information sessions, Open House Days, and Orientation.
- Stays up to date on financial aid information by attending Financial Aid workshops and webinars.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director and/or Director of Financial Aid.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Technical skills in order to present live webinars
- Flexible and quick learner.
- Desire to learn.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Ability to empathize with different demographic populations.
- Knowledge of Title IV and other financial aid regulations.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years similar experience.
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.