Adjunct - Millwright/Machine Shop Instructor
Posting DetailsPosting Number: 0000082Job Title: Adjunct - Millwright/Machine Shop InstructorPS Position#: 00000662Position Status: Part-TimeSalary: $48.96/hour for lecture and $32.63/hour for labClassification: AdjunctDepartment:Machine Shop/MillwrightJob Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the College.
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there are available openings.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshman and sophomore level Millwright/Machine Shop courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer, online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and/or weekend classes.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree with five (5) years of related work experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with five (5) year of related work experience OR ten (10) years of related work experience with the ability of obtain and Associate’s degree in two (2) years with no class overloads OR no degree with twenty (20) years or related work experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Prior online teaching experience and certification
- Blackboard Learning Management System experience
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on page five (5) of the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate degree with five (5) years of related work experience OR a Bachelor's degree with five (5) year of related work experience OR ten (10) years of related work experience with the ability of obtain and Associate's degree in two (2) years with no class overloads OR no degree with twenty (20) years or related work experience?
- * Do you have prior online teaching experience and certification?
- * Do you have experience using Blackboard Learning Management System?
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document