Learning Facilitator, Drivers Education (Part-time)
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under limited supervision, the Learning Facilitator is responsible for facilitating High School Drivers Education programs, either via live or virtual classroom settings or in behind the wheel vehicle settings. The facilitator will have knowledge of the Department of Transportation curriculum for Driver’s Education in Iowa. The facilitator will provide exemplary customer service through positive class interaction, meeting the participant needs, maintaining a clean, neat, and inviting learning experience while having a positive and upbeat attitude.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions. Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment. Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success. Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Facilitate classroom Drivers Education instruction or Coordinate & provide behind the wheel instruction.Effectively communicate with participants and Continuing Education Staff.Clean and straighten classroom and automobile before and after each class.Answer questions and provide resources as appropriate to participants.Deliver course content and ensure that learning outcomes are met.Complete all required paperwork as requested by Continuing Education Staff.Comply with Kirkwood Community College COVID-19 protocolsPerform other related work duties as assigned.
- Familiarity State of Iowa Drivers Education curriculum & education requirementsBe able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former, and current participants, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve.Establish and maintain good working relationships with participants, staff and fellow Learning Facilitators.Possess strong human relations skills and be able to interact with diverse personalities.Communicate clearly, concisely, logically, and coherently orally and in writing.Deal responsibly and effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making decisions.Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in a classroom setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching utilizing art equipment and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- High school diploma required.Valid driver’s license required.Secondary teacher license required.Driver’s Education endorsement or Behind the Wheel certification required.Ability to work flexible shifts – afternoon & evening.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Four year degree preferred, not required.Familiarity with remote communication software such as Zoom or Google Meet.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: [email protected]