Department Assistant, Industrial Technologies
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Under moderate to limited supervision, provides department support, manages department processes, and ensures smooth running of the office.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions. Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment. Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success. Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Answer and/or re-direct basic inquiries from internal and external customers either via phone calls, email or in person.Coordinate materials for mailings, maintain department records, generate reports, schedule and coordinate meetings and events, and maintain computer databases.Prepare and maintain correspondence, lists, and other documents.Perform various office clerical duties including filing, typing, scanning, maintaining copiers and other equipment, ordering supplies, sorting/distributing mail, etc.Assist with payroll authorization process for staff, faculty, adjunct and/or temporary employees.Assist with management of department budget.Provide clerical support to department manager and/or faculty.Assist with department activities and events.Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the college in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.Ability to provide service in a courteous, prompt, professional and efficient manner ? Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.Ability to work in a cross-functional team-based environment and collaborate with others in setting goals and problem solving.Establish and maintain good working relationships with students, colleagues, and general public.Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- High school diploma or equivalency plus two years related experience; or an Associate’s degree in a related field.Possess a good working knowledge of personal computers and Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis on Word and Excel.Knowledge of standard office equipment.
- Associate’s degree in a related field.Experience in an educational setting.Preference will be given to those candidates who have successfully completed the core. assessments of the Skills Advantage WorkKeys Program.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S.