Donor & Alumni Relations Specialist
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Donor and Alumni Relations Specialist will support the Foundation Alumni, Scholarship and fundraising objectives. Under minimal supervision, they will provide support and assistance to other Foundation staff members in the general areas of special event planning and marketing. This role requires a very high level of independent judgement and decision making in non-routine matters, as well as access to highly confidential information.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Assist with Kirkwood’s Alumni and Friends program.
- Plan and implement the Foundation events which may take place outside of regular business hours.
- Produce, edit and compile correspondence, communications, presentations, fundraising materials and other documents.
- Interface with Marketing Services staff and outside vendors in facilitating Foundation public relations and creation of fundraising materials (proposals, letters, newsletters, etc.).
- Coordinate, lead, participate and prepare for project based work as needed.
- Assist others in Foundation Office as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, donors and the community we serve.
- Possess excellent written communication skills.
- Possess creative and innovative skills.
- Experience and comfort with commonly used office software and social media platforms, and possess appropriate computer skills.
- Possess good time management and organizational skills.
- Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least one year experience using common office productivity software.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
- Must have a valid Driver’s license and own transportation.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Participation in educational seminars and workshops related to fundraising and related professional areas.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: [email protected]