Adjunct Instructor - Group Dynamics - Traffic Safety Program
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Summary of Position: Instructors are responsible for following the state provided curriculum to deliver quality instruction, assessment, and for ensuring a productive and challenging learning experience is delivered. This position works to promote social justice within the division and the larger academic institution.
Instruction will be primarily in the face-to-face format.
Must be available to teach evenings, weekdays and/or Saturdays throughout the year as assigned. Must be certifiable by the WI DOT
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Instruction - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Develop and deliver instructional design activities
•Address and refer student concerns
•Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting
•Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices
3. Classroom Management - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Monitor student progress and conduct student evaluation
•Provide input and/or maintain student records
•Integrate the college core abilities as well as the program outcomes and course competencies
4. Program Development and Academic Leadership - Supporting Actions May Include:
•Responsible for instructional learning activities
•Provide academic referrals as appropriate
•Organize and deliver outcomes-based curriculum and assess student learning
5. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
Minimum Education and Occupational Requirements:
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record.
Must meet 2 of the following 3 subsections per Wisconsin Legislative Code, Chapter Trans 106.07, in order to become a certified instructor:
1. Traffic Safety experience - one of the following:
- Two years of occupational experience or equivalent experience and education the area of traffic safety or a related field such as driver education, law enforcement, fleet safety management or in a safety related position with the division of motor vehicles.
- Monitored a general traffic safety course plus completed one semester or 45 hours in a traffic safety studies or accident prevention course.
- Two years of occupational experience or equivalent experience and education in AODA coulseing, education, or treatment OR related fields such as student assistance program director or employee assistance program director
- Completed a minimum of 45 hours of college level coursework in the area of AODA education or treatment
- Two years of occupational experience in group process or group counseling as a treatment or education professional
- Completed a minimum of 45 hours of college level coursework in group work methods, group counseling or group process.
Special Instructions/About Western
Must be available to teach evenings, weekdays and/or Saturdays throughout the year as assigned. Must be certifiable by the WI DOT.
This position reports to: Associate Dean - General Studies
Starting salary range based on education and experience: $37-$43/hour
Applicant review will begin: October 1, 2020
Start Date of: November 2020
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.