Manager - Outreach and Admissions
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Summary of Position: Manage and oversee a student-focused outreach and admissions department that promotes access and equity through a seamless student experience that delivers on our brand promise of the Essential Experience, using sophisticated approaches to recruit and enroll increasing number of students.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Administration and Strategic Planning - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Manage department goals and objectives through planning using key performance indicators (KPI) and 360 indicators that support key results and College priorities.
- Troubleshoot process issues and challenges, developing short-term and long-term solutions as needed.
- Ensures high-touch and efficient communication and interaction with prospective students, guided by well-constructed recruitment plans
- Implement and manage a student-focused, customer service management process.
- Develop, execute, and maintain recruitment services and processes that support the achievement of key results and College priorities.
- Oversight and evaluation of individual and group tours and program shadows.
- Oversight of recruitment focused CRM communications
- Hire, supervise, mentor, coach, and evaluate staff; direct work and complete employee success plans including decisions related to supervision, employee performance, discipline, and professional development.
- Support staff in achieving department goals related to KPI’s in recruitment and customer service.
- Provide training, feedback, and evaluation on coaching recruitment model
- Oversight of Western Scouts.
- Develop, maintain, and lead collaborative internal and external stakeholder relationships in support of college priorities and key results.
- Collaborate with marketing, program leaders, faculty, and students to increase Western’s visibility and presence in local and state markets
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Three years of related experience.
This position reports to: Director - Enrollment Services
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $56,015 - $72,820
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS, Employee Wellness Programs and more.
Applicant review will begin: September 21, 2020
Start Date of: October 2020
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.