Trainer - CNC Business & Industry/DOC (lte 06/30/22)
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn and are dedicated to serving students. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching and learning, please consider this employment opportunity at Western. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
Summary of Position: A Business & Industry Services (BIS) trainer collaborates with the college and partners including but not limited to local industry, workforce related organizations and the Department of Corrections to develop and deliver customized training for employees/students in particular field. Western Technical College works with businesses throughout our district to provide high-quality training services designed to enhance employee skills and productivity. Trainings are held either at one of Western’s campuses, or at the company’s location or in facilities provided by the DOC (Jackson Correctional Facility). Trainers would be responsible for developing and teaching outcomes based non-credit training programs. Trainers will also be responsible for providing quality academic curriculum, instruction, and assessment when delivering credit based curriculum as a pathway to further education.
This position is a limited term position with an end date of 06/30/22.
1. Maintain and uphold the College values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Teamwork, Integrity, and Respect. Regular attendance is required.
2. Complete all required College training and responsible for maintaining the skills necessary to complete the essential functions of the position as defined by the department.
3. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western’s culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
4. Training - Supporting Action/Task May Include:
- Provide First Choice Service while developing the incumbent workforce served by Western Technical College or students in the correctional system.
- Collaborate with the college, DOC and/or and businesses to develop customized non-credit training for employees in the skills area related to manufacturing, precision machining, measurement and related skills. May include other areas as determined by experience and interest
- Work in partnership with the employer, DOC and Western Business & Industry staff to develop and maintain functional training materials in a professional format.
- Provide lecture and hands on training designed to enhance employee skills and productivity
- Develop and deliver instructional design activities
- Address and refer student concerns to BIS and/or the employer or DOC.
- Guide and support students on one-to-one basis outside the classroom as well as in classroom setting
- Assist students in developing critical thinking skills to understand/apply concepts of subject matter to vocational, ethical, social, and personal practices.
- Monitor student progress and conduct student evaluation as required
- Integrate the college core abilities as well as program outcomes and course competencies in partnership with the ITC division instructors.
- Maintain and update the BIS or DOC inventory of educational training equipment, supplies, and curriculum
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Technical Diploma or higher in CNC/Machining or related discipline. Must agree to progress towards completing an Associate’s degree
- Associates Degree in related field preferred
- Four years directly related occupational experience. One year (2,000 hours) must be within the last five years.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have the following experience: Late and Mill Operation, Blueprint reading, Measurement and Inspection, and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances.
- Experience with manufacturing safety programs preferred with willingness to obtain safety certifications
This position reports to: Director, Business & Industry
Trainings are held either at one of Western’s campuses, or at the company’s location or in facilities provided by the DOC (Jackson Correctional Facility).
Starting annual salary range based on education and experience: $53,252 - $69,228. This position is a limited term position with an end date of 06/30/22.
This position would include competitive salary, excellent benefits including medical, dental, WRS, Employee Wellness Programs and more.
Applicant review will begin: October 5, 2020
Start Date of: November 2020
Copies of Transcripts from regionally accredited colleges or universities are acceptable during the application process (originals will be required upon hire)
Western is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Our mission is to provide relevant, high quality education in a collaborative and sustainable environment that changes the lives of students and grows our communities. Western is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all employees.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Employer And Educator
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.