Academic Programs Officer I (Part-Time), Civil and Architectural Engineering & Mechanics
The University of Arizona's Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering & Mechanics is searching for an ideal candidate as the Academic Program Coordinator. The position will perform administrative functions for the department that include communications, alumni outreach, marketing and fundraising, scholarship management, liaison for development/foundation processes, department events, meetings, and convocation. Coordinates and assists Department Head with academic program operations, strategic planning, data collection, administration of assessment and accreditation processes. The position will be evaluated in the future for a possible transition to full-time employment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please a click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
- Academic Program administrative functions include communications, alumni outreach, marketing, fundraising, scholarship management, coordination and management of departmental events, meetings, and convocation. Liaison with Engineering Development office for alumni and donor events.
- Academic Program operations include coordination/assessment of the accreditation (ABET) (APR) process. Work with faculty and Department Head to complete data for reports. Assist Department Head with strategic planning to meet department initiatives and efficient use of resources. Assist faculty with UA Vitae administration and P & T Dossiers.
- Office management includes new faculty and staff on-boarding, assignment of office space and keys, coordination of daily office operations and functions. Liaison to College of Engineering Dean's office and HMBC (business office) for matters related to departmental issues.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to convey information appropriately to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with academic, professionals, students and administrative personnel.
- Strong background in computer software applications: Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.
[email protected] Open Date9/9/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.