Multimedia Design Assistant I (Part Time)
Public Health AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health (MEZCOPH) at the University of Arizona seeks an experienced multimedia professional to serve as a Multimedia Specialist. This position will support the Director of Communications in MEZCOPH with graphic design, website updates, multimedia production including video, and event coordination. The Specialist will collaborate to design and implement communications campaigns to recruit students, support research studies, build community engagement with programs, connect with alumni, and promote MEZCOPH’s accomplishments. This position will further support the planning and implementation of MEZCOPH special events, and presentations related to events, in collaboration with the Director of Communications, the MEZCOPH Development Officer, the Office of Students Services, and Alumni Affairs.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Keeps social media channels current and tracks results.
- Coordinates with IT office to keep the College’s website current, experience with Drupal and UA Quickstart templates preferred.
- Uses graphics design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotion, advertisement, packaging, and informative materials through a variety of media outlets.
- Supports production and distribution of promotion and highlight videos for the College.
- Develops marketing content and material in both physical and digital formats.
- Organizes and participates in communications and marketing to recruit prospective students.
- Coordinates and organizes special events(advertising, promotions, websites). including, but not limited, the Dalen lecture series, Student Scholarship luncheon, the Partners in Public Health, and assisting with the MEZCOPH 20th Anniversary Celebration.
- Plans and coordinates public relation events and activities to promote and support the College’s mission, vision and goals.
- Tracks and submits events to UAHS Communications and other Calendars.
- Tracks and compile MEZCOPH accomplishments, grants, awards, programs, and projects for website publication, social media promotion, and MEZCOPH Newsletter.
- Story follow-ups on MEZCOPH programs and projects.
- Coordinates with UAHS Communications, UArizona Marketing and Communications.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma orequivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required.
- Experience in communications and digital media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, graphics production, and social media.
* Bachelors degree, * Photo and video production experience, * A passion for helping others through Public HealthFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$13.94 - $19.71Compensation Type:
4Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Shiperd Reed, [email protected]Open Date:
9/2/2020Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.