Clinical Research Coordinator II - Division of Nephrology Posting Number
Medicine Department Website LinkLocation
UAHS - Tucson Address
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USA Position Highlights
The Division of Nephrology is recruiting for a Clinical Research Coordinator II. The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of clinical trial conduct including regulatory and contract issues, recruitment, informed consent, study procedures, data collection and documentation, interactions with the sponsor and study close out. This individual will also be involved in the clinical research activities of the Division and will have close interactions with faculty members leading these research activities. The primary job duties are related to all research activities in the Division of Nephrology. This position will implement, maintain, document, and manage clinical trials. In addition, it will provide for the safety of patients involved in clinical trials ensuring protocol adherence. The candidate will oversee and participate in the coordination and conduct of complex clinical research and observational studies. In addition, the selected individual will be accountable for high standards of clinical research practice and assist in the development of accountability in others.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
Study Conduct/ Clinical Research Practice:
- Serve as a resource for others for all aspects of conducting a clinical trialfor complex and multi-center trials.
- Collaborate on multiple projects or studies, and support the workflow involvedin research work.
Regulatory Compliance and Documentation:
- Provide oversight for the preparation, review, submission and maintenance ofregulatory/contract/budget activities/submissions, ensure accuracy andtimeliness to all collaborative parties
- Coordinate and participate in monitor visits, audits, and quality reviews(internal and external) in a professional manner.
- Organize the review, correspondence and approval of human research protocolswith all regulatory authorities, including study closeout.
- Proactively take initiative to ensure recruitment stays on track with theproject timelines.
- Determine best method/s to identify potential participants for researchprotocol (advertisements, chart reviews, monitoring of clinic schedule, etc)and prepare accordingly.
- Oversee data entry and validation to ensure accuracy, quality and compliance ofdata collection process.
- Ensure quality of data submitted from study sites and assure timely submissionof data.
- Compose clear, precise and detailed correspondence.
- Develop a rapport with study participants.
- Serve as liaison to internal departments, clinical teams, regulatory agencies,physician's offices, city clinics, government agencies, academic centers, andother organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of the subject discipline.
- General understanding of the industry practices, techniques, and standards.
-Experience in human subjects research. -Fluency in Spanish. -Certification with SoCRA, ACRP. -Ability to effectively communicate.FLSA
Exempt Full Time/Part Time
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week
40 Job FTE
Yes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay
$33,487 - $48,000Compensation Type
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade
5 Career Stream and Level
Clinical Research Job Function
Research Type of criminal background check required:
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies
1 Target Hire Date Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
Karena Nespoli, [email protected] Open Date
9/1/2020Open Until Filled
YesDocuments Needed to Apply
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity Statement
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.