Senior Director of Development, Arizona Arts
As leader of the Arizona Arts Philanthropy team, the Senior Director of Development (SDD) will work in close partnership with Arizona Arts senior leadership to set and achieve philanthropic priorities in the service of the division’s strategic goals. The SDD will create and implement a plan to cultivate, strengthen, and steward new and current donor relationships in alignment with Arizona Arts funding priorities. The SDD will build a development team that serves Arizona Arts by focusing on the specific priorities of the division’s academic and presenting units. The SDD works directly with major gift prospects of Arizona Arts to secure gifts of $25,000 or more to further the goals and objectives of the division and its constituent units. The SDD works within both Arizona Arts and the University Alumni and Development Program (UADP), which is managed under contract by University of Arizona Foundation (UAF). As such, the SDD has a dual reporting lines to the Vice President for the Arts and the UAF’s Vice President, Development. They also have a dotted reporting line to the Associate Vice President for the Arts (AVP).
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
As a cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board of Regents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordance with adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will be required to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs and whether this position is affected, please visit hr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
The SDD directly supervises a team of four:
- Senior Deputy Director of Development
- Two Directors of Development
- Administrative Assistant
- After an initial 3-6 month on-boarding period, execute an agreed upon metric of at least 100 current donor or prospect visits and present 15+ proposals of $25,000 or more per year, with an expectation of $3 million raised in year 1 (after on-boarding period), with incremental increases in subsequent years.
- Work with the Vice President for the Arts; Associate Vice President for the Arts; and the UAFVice President, Development, on all activities related to fundraising activities for Arizona Arts.Plan, direct, and manage fundraising strategies within Arizona Arts.Supervise, train, evaluate and coordinate the activity of the Arizona Arts Philanthropy team.Develop fundraising plan with specific goals for development officers and the unit for each fiscal year.Direct and manage the identification, cultivation and solicitation of major individual, corporate, and foundation prospects.Participate in the strategic planning of new projects and initiatives.Coordinate an annual giving program with the Office of Annual Giving of the UAF.In cooperation with the VP and AVP provide staff direction and support for assigned patron affinity groups.In collaboration with the marketing and communication teams of both Arizona Arts and the UAF, develop and oversee the creation of materials in support of division’s fundraising efforts.Design, shape and oversee the priorities and intended outcomes for special events.Identify and supervise project management of special events.Collaborate with unit directors to design volunteer programming.Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated success in major gift fundraising.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of advanced learning and professional-level
experience required, with a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience.
Experience managing and directing a comprehensive fundraising program or equivalent.Preferred QualificationsFLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryUniversity AdvancementBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of PayDOECompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade12 Career Stream and LevelPC4Job FamilyMajor Gifts Job FunctionUniversity Advancement Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date9/20/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates Andrea Zetterberg, [email protected] 520-621-0599 Open Date9/1/2020Open Until FilledYesDocuments Needed to ApplyResume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.