Program Coordinator, Intersessions (Part-Time, College of Medicine-Phoenix)
This position will support faculty and administration to facilitate medical student curriculum. This position is responsible for communication and collaboration with various other departments, faculty, and students at the College of Medicine – Phoenix Campus on a daily basis. This role serves as the liaison between the campus and numerous clinical sites. This position is responsible for the administration functions of the department and will contribute to event planning, students scheduling, calendaring, meeting minute preparation, data analysis, budgeting, cost negation, and program evaluation aspects of the department.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities
Asa cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough andFurlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board ofRegents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordancewith adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will berequired to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs andwhether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.
Coordinate with faculty to facilitate courses and certificates of distinctions for medical students.
- Develops and schedules program work plan in accordance with specifications and funding limitations; oversees daily operations and coordinates activities of program; determines priorities.
- Monitors and approves program expenditures ensuring that budget allocations are not overspent.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of proposal for funding and/or funding continuation from outside sponsors.
- Confers with and advises staff, students and others to provide technical advice, problem solving assistance, answers to questions and program goals and policy interpretation; refers to appropriate department person when unable to respond.
- Coordinates activities of program with interrelated activities of other programs, departments or staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with appropriate policies, procedures and specifications.
Responsible for department's administrative duties.
- Recruits program participants, members and volunteers utilizing most appropriate promotional or marketing methods, such as individual letters, brochures or presentations at meetings.
- Develops, compiles and writes communications and promotional literature for distribution such as newsletters, brochures or flyers; coordinates process from development through printing and distribution.
- Develops and facilitates workshops, meetings or conferences; coordinates logistics, scheduling and participant communications.
Under the general direction of the Director, CCBE - Courses, Chair/Co-Chair of the Curriculum Committee, this position will provide Curriculum Committee Support.
- Set the calendar and assure committee functions take place smoothly (i.e., course* syllabi review, academic calendar review and various other programmatic reviews).
- Edit and ensure distribution of Curriculum Committee (CC) minutes and maintain CC meeting minutes and agendas on website and shared drives.
- Manage the distribution of meeting materials for two CC meetings per month under the direction of the Chair of CC.
- Correspond with faculty and staff regarding agenda items, materials and tasks.
- Participate and chair several COM committees and search committees as needed.
Responsible for collecting program data and submitting funding reports by deadline. May contribute to funding opportunities preparation of requests for proposals (RFPs), grant applications and other contracts.
- Prepares periodic reports, financial statements and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management or outside agencies.
- Evaluates program effectiveness to develop improved methods; devises evaluation methodology and implements; analyzes results and recommends and/or takes appropriate action.
- Reviews applications or other program documents independently or in conjunction with supervisor to determine acceptance or make decisions pertaining to program.
Interacts and maintains liaison with students, faculty, staff and outside/community agencies in facilitating university and campus policies and procedures.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
- Up to 1 year of relevant work experience may be required.
• Previous experience in a student services, academic services environment, clinical setting or medical office.
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication; excellent grammar, composition and proofreading skills.
• Demonstrated advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Ability to work independently, set priorities in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions,multi-task, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities.• Previous experience working in a team-based environment.FLSATo Be Determined Full Time/Part TimePart-TimeNumber of Hours Worked per WeekVaries Job FTE0.8Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryAcademic AdministrationBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$42,007 - $58,343 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade7 Career Stream and LevelPC1Job FamilyAcademic Program Mgmt Job FunctionAcademic Administration Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date11/26/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
References: Please list 3 professional references including address, title, phone and email address.
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.