Assistant Dean of Admission for Marketing, Events and Yield
Assistant Dean of Admission for Marketing, Events and Yield🔍Undergraduate Admissions: Financial Aid Office: Visitor Information Services, Stanford, California, United States📁Student Services📅Sep 02, 2020 Post Date📅87208 Requisition #Assistant Dean of Admission for Marketing, Events and YieldJob Code: 7514Job Grade: JFTE: 100%, ExemptOffices of Undergraduate Admission, Financial Aid and Visitor Information Services The Office of Undergraduate Admission assembles a freshman class of 1,700 students and a transfer class of approximately 25-40 students each year. We strive to build a class that cuts across a number of dimensions to add to a rich and diverse undergraduate educational experience for everyone. We believe that a student body that is both highly qualified and diverse in terms of culture, socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, background, work and life experiences, skills and interests Is essential to the educational process and will provide additional contributions and dimensions to the Stanford community. The Office of Undergraduate Admission seeks an Assistant Dean of Admission for Marketing, Events and Yield who, under the supervision of the Associate Dean and Director of Admission, will manage, administer, implement, and interpret university and/or department admission policies and procedures and directly supervise a team of six admission officers and one administrative associate.. Your responsibilities include:
- Work with Associate Dean/Director of Admission to implement long-term strategic plans for marketing including oversight of a comprehensive marketing, strategy involving print and digital mail campaigns, social media initiatives, and the admission web presence as well as national student search and mail campaigns.
- Manage and mentor staff in oversight of all special events and programs including yearly “Admit Weekend” and large on-campus and off-campus events.
- Develop and coordinate all public messaging for prospective students and implement training programs for all staff.
- Manage staff in the planning of yield initiatives including oversight of national fly-in program for admitted students, and high-touch programming for targeted student groups.
- Represent UGA and partner with other Stanford offices in both marketing and communication alignment, and cross-campus event planning.
- Read, evaluate and make higher level recommendations on undergraduate and transfer applications.
- Chair admission committees; make higher level management, evaluative and programmatic decisions.
- Develop and maintain external community (e.g., prospective applicants and their families, high school guidance counselors, alumni, community-based organizations, etc.) and University liaisons related to admission programs and services.
- Evaluate departmental policies and procedures and make recommendations to senior management team.
- Oversee the collection of enrollment data, develop reports and analyses, manage team’s program budget.
- Serve as a key member of management team; represent the department/unit on University wide teams and projects.
- Take leadership role at regional and national committees/conferences.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Personnel management experience.
- Budget management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven reading comprehension skills.
- Proven strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make distinctions among competitive applicants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience in public speaking and presentation skills.
- Evidence of program planning skills.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or auditing a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
How to ApplyWe invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 7514
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: J
- Requisition ID: 87208