Biostatistician 1🔍School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States📁Information Analytics📅Sep 03, 2020 Post Date📅87216 Requisition #Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Quantitative Sciences Unit is seeking a Biostatistician 1 to work closely with senior statistician(s) to manage relevant databases as necessary, design studies, devise analysis plan, create analytic files, implement analysis plan and report and publish findings. The position described is for a highly motivated, hard-working and professional data scientist who can work closely with senior statisticians in collaborations with clinical investigators. Under senior statistician supervision, the incumbent will perform the most complex technical work associated with a wide variety of analytical data and produce routine, single data sources’ information requests. The incumbent will work closely with senior statisticians to interrogate databases for the purpose of creating analytic files, performing quality control and data cleaning, managing data and doing data analysis under supervision of a statistician.Duties include:
- Design study.
- Implement protocol for quality control.
- Create analytic files with detailed documentation.
- Implement data analysis through statistical programming.
- Present results for investigators using graphs and tables.
- Summarize findings orally and in written form.
- Participate in the preparation of papers for publication.
- Experience working with national and/or large-scale datasets
- Excellent data interpretation, writing, public speaking, and graphical presentation skills.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently within given deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision of senior statistician(s)
- 1-2 years of experience in managing, analyzing, and reporting on large datasets desired
- Master's degree in biostatistics, statistics or related field.
- Proficient in at least two of R, SAS, SPSS, or STATA.
- Skills in descriptive analysis, modeling of data, and graphic interfaces.
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Frequently perform desk based computer tasks, seated work and use light/ fine grasping.
- Occasionally stand, walk, and write by hand, lift, carry, push pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business cycle needs.
WORK STANDARDS:Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu. WHY STANFORD IS FOR YOU:Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5521
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: H
- Requisition ID: 87216