Posting InformationPosting Number2021007Posting/Functional TitleResearch CoordinatorUniversity Pay Plan TitleResearch CoordinatorLocationRound RockDepartmentCollege of Health ProfessionsRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$4,105 - $4,426Job Category ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1) Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with a wide range of sponsors, agencies, faculty and staff.
2) Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint), web browsers, and data bases.
3) Ability to effectively interact with office personnel and faculty to meet deadlines and prioritize workload.
4) Demonstrated project coordination and project management experience.
5) Attention to detail.
6) Demonstrated work experience in sound fiscal and time management skills, and ability to work in a team environment.
1) Bachelor’s Degree
2) Experience in government and private contracts and grants administration in either a university or non-profit setting.
3) Working knowledge of OMB Circular A-21 and A110 and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
4) Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
5) Experience with preparation and review of budgets and proposals for grants & contracts in a financial grant management and enterprise management system.
6) Certified Research Administrator status.
7) Experience with Texas State research programs to include SAP and Kuali.
This position is located on the Round Rock Campus.
You are required to submit a letter of application addressing specifically how you meet required and preferred qualifications.
The Research Coordinator will assist in proposal development of external and internal grants, and identify key funding opportunities that match targeted areas for development in the college. Will be responsible for duties associated with proposal review and approval; post-award duties, and serve as information and problem-solving resource. Will be encouraged to pursue and obtain Certified Research Administrator training program.Job Duties
- Review and circulate program announcements or solicitations for new funding opportunities to faculty and research staff.
- Coordinate funding source searches for faculty and research staff.
- Design, conduct and participate in grant development workshops for faculty, research staff, and graduate students.
- Create and manage electronic record of proposals in proposal management system.
- Understand budgetary guidelines and apply them during budget preparation and review process.
- Understand and apply university policies and sponsor guidelines to protect the university, faculty and research staff from liability and to minimize risk.
- Prepare all documents for award and account set-up accurately.
- Understand the reporting requirements of each sponsor and establish a schedule for submission.
- Provide accurate advice, information and suggestions for both financial and administrative issues.
- Will be member of certain campus administrative advisory groups and committees.
This position will be located on the Round Rock Campus.Job Open Date09/09/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)09/23/2020Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).