Accounting Clerk II
Posting InformationPosting Number2021003Posting/Functional TitleAccounting Clerk IIUniversity Pay Plan TitleAccounting Clerk IILocationSan MarcosDepartmentAccounting OfficeRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$2,833.00-$3,015.00Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
1. Extensive invoice processing in an accounts payable environment
2. Basic Microsoft Office skills
3. Basic accounting skills
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills
5. Attention to detail
6. Strong customer service skills
1. Knowledge of university policies
2. Ability to multi-task
3. Experience using an imaging software system
4. Experience with a fully integrated accounting software module
Responsible for performing varied clerical accounting work involving the processing, recording and maintenance of financial data and/or statistical records.Job Duties
The Accounting Clerk II processes payment requests for invoices that are applied to Purchase Orders in the integrated accounting systems . The process uses a paperless invoice imaging software to retrieve images of invoices and supporting payment information. This position will ensure requested invoice payments have the proper authorization, are recorded to the proper accounting funding sources and expense codes, and are processed in a timely manner while maintaining compliance with Federal, State and University policies. The Accounting Clerk will also frequently interact with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner typically via the telephone or through e-mail. This position will participate in staff meetings and assist in desk manual preparation or updates for university training. This position will also require adjustments to workload changes and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines. During peak times, including those related to holiday breaks, fiscal year end transition, and the annual financial report preparation, working evenings and weekends may be required.Additional Information to Applicants
Some evening and weekend work may be required during peak times in March, August, September, and December.
TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION, CANDIDATES MUST CLEARLY INDICATE HOW THEY MEET THE REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION. APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPREHENSIVE AND COMPLETED IN ENTIRETY. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.Job Open Date09/03/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)09/18/2020Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysMonday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start8:00AMNormal Work Hours End5:00PMPosting NoticesYOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).