Posting InformationPosting Number2021008Posting/Functional TitleSecurity GuardUniversity Pay Plan TitleGuardLocationSan MarcosDepartmentUniversity PoliceRecruitment TypeOpen to AllJob TypeFull-TimeMonthly Salary$1,968.75Job Category Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.
Skill in preparing clear concise logs
-Be a U.S. citizen, by birth or naturalization
-Undergo a criminal background investigation
-Must possess a high school diploma/GED
-Work flexible hours, rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
-Current valid Texas Driver Lic
-Ability to disarm alarm systems
-Knowledge of proper procedures for emergency situations
-Ability to perform intermediate math
-Ability to work special events and overtime
-Ability to interact courteously even in a controversial situation
-Skill in preparing reports and logs
-Ability to communicate with the public
-Ability to read and/or understand information
-Knowledge of Board of Regents
-Knowledge of university policy and procedures
Responsible for enforcing the parking regulations of the university, assisting motorists, and securing the safety of students, faculty, and staff.Job Duties
To provide general security throughout campus; check buildings to ensure they are secure; respond to residential hall access breeches, fire and intrusion alarm trips, and registered requests for facility access; and Operate the SafeRdie Program and assist Police Officers.Additional Information to ApplicantsJob Open Date09/09/2020Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight)09/23/2020Open Until FilledNoNormal Work DaysSunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, SaturdayNormal Work Hours Start5:45 pmNormal Work Hours End5:45 amPosting NoticesApplicant must have a valid Texas Driver's License and be a driver in good standing with less than ten (10) points deducted for driving infractions as determined by the employer driving standards system., Applicant must pass the drug and alcohol test relevant to the job posting title requirements.Legal and Required Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents!
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
- Work Experience
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you currently hold or have the ability to obtain a drivers license within 90 days of employment?