Assistant Director of Enrollment Systems
Macalester College seeks to hire a qualified individual for a new, full-time position: Assistant Director of Enrollment Systems.
The Assistant Director of Enrollment Systems broadly supports the use of data systems for Macalester’s Admissions and Financial Aid division. Included is routine system maintenance and system setup, data imports, exports, and integration tasks, development of data queries and reports, limited project and system lifecycle management, business process analysis, and writing system documentation. Under the direction of the Director of Enrollment Systems, the Assistant Director supports staff members to ensure that they are using appropriate technical tools to help reach their goals.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a desire and ability to learn new technical systems and processes. Individuals in this job must be able and willing to adapt their approach as situations and technology change. Curiosity and a "can do" mentality are essential to be successful in the position. An individual seeking this position should be detail and technically oriented but also enjoy working with staff members at a variety of technical expertise levels. Additionally, this individual will support select non-technical activities for Admissions & Financial Aid division. Aspects of the job will be customized to match specific technical skills, experience, and interests.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and support for the division's Slate instance and related systems. Is an advanced level user and developer of the system. Keeps current with software developments and best practices using the product.
- Directly supports members of the Admissions and Financial Aid team with large and small technical tasks and related projects. Consults with users to help them use systems to support their goals. Works with staff to develop needed data reports and queries.
- Provides ongoing maintenance and support for Banner Financial Aid software and related systems. Develops an advanced understanding of general and Macalester specific Banner related processes.
- Supports auxiliary technical systems for both Admissions and Financial Aid (reporting, information-sharing systems, data import/export, external databases, job scheduling, etc.).
- Supports select non-technical activities for Admissions & Financial Aid, including support for large group visit days and other campus events.
- Actively engages in learning and practicing principles of social justice and inclusion to support institutional changes that create and sustain a welcoming and inclusive environment across the Macalester community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree plus 3 to 5 years of direct experience in Admissions, Financial Aid, or fields with related skill sets (such as IT or Human Resources). Commensurate work experience would be considered in place of a 4 year degree.
- Experience with CRM and enterprise-level database-driven systems. (Direct experience with Ellucian Banner or Technolutions Slate preferred.) Experience with system automation programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot system problems and reports at code level; ability to analyze and advise on improving business processes.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a group to support projects; ability to set and meet long- and short-term goals; must be able to manage multiple priorities and directives.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of systems and staff members to effectively solve problems using technology.
- Demonstrated ability to confidentially work with sensitive information; ability to consistently employ best practices around information security.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.
For consideration, please submit your resume through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage by September 20, 2020. Review of applications will begin immediately. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester College has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities, women and LGBTQIA+ individuals.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit Macalester Benefits for more information about what Macalester has to offer its employees.