Position: Part-Time Counselor Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 561 # of Openings: 1 COUNSELING CENTER - PART-TIME COUNSELORTHIS PART TIME POSITION IS 20 HOURS PER WEEK / 9 MONTHS PER YEAR Responsibilities:Responsible to the Interim Director of the Counseling Center in providing counseling services to the Wheaton College student community. Duties
- Counsel students as requested or referred regarding educational or personal needs and concerns.
- Refer students as needed to off-campus resources such as psychiatrists, and/or to on-campus resources such as Student Health Services, and Academic Services and Disability Services.
- Maintain records of counseling sessions including monthly summary coding records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Available to work 20 hours a week (which includes 15 client hours, 2 hours of administration for record keeping, 1 hour of weekly supervision, and 1 hour for walk-in crisis intakes), and attend weekly staff meetings.
- Master’s degree required.
- Licensed clinical professional (LPC, LCPC, LMFT, LCSW) required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience
- A generalist experienced in the areas of depression, anxiety, and eating disorders; crisis management and consultation; spiritual issues; recovery issues, prevention and outreach services; addictions and mental illness treatment.
- Demonstrated skill and interest in an integrated response to the clinical, spiritual, and developmental issues of college students.
- A life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ and is consonant with the Statement of Faith and Community Covenant of Wheaton College.