Research Coordinator, Program for Leadership and Character
Job location: Winston Salem, NC
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-02
- Additional documentation must be added at the bottom of the third screen under the "My Experience."
- Internal candidates must apply via the internal career portal. Do not proceed with your application from this website.
- DO NOT complete the application without the required attachments as you will be unable to edit your application.
For quick facts about Wake Forest University, see http://www.wfu.edu/visitors/quickfacts.html. For more on the Program for Leadership and Character, see https://leadershipandcharacter.wfu.edu/. For articles highlighting Wake Forest's commitment to leadership and character, see https://magazine.wfu.edu/current-issue/.Job Description
- Identifies and recruits target samples for research studies
- Coordinates studies (i.e. prepares study applications, determines eligibility of study participants, schedules research activities, and distributes payments).
- Collects and manages participant data (i.e. prepares survey materials, distributes and collects surveys, manages databases, conducts research interviews, and focus groups).
- Maintains accurate, organized, and complete records of research.
- Compiles and enters data and assists in the completion of research reports.
- Assists research and assessment team with preparation of manuscripts for publication.
- Assists in providing training, direction, scheduling, and problem-solving support for student assistants.
- Works cooperatively with other project members, including supervising student assistants.
- Works under general and specific supervision; reports to Senior Research Scholar
- Monitors research and ethical compliance with relevant Lilly Foundation, US, WFU, and APA regulations
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Master’s degree in psychology or related discipline OR bachelor’s degree with extensive experience.
- Experience with data collection in the context of behavioral research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Careful attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility and eagerness to learn.
- Ability to coordinate and organize all components of a research study.
- Ability to research and resolve problems associated with the completion of a study.
- Knowledge of research design.
- Experience with data collection and cleaning.
- Interest in leadership and character research.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to anticipate mistakes and plan to reduce them.
- Experience conducting empirical research studies, designing and assessing interventions, or conducting program evaluation.
- Proficiency in general computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, email).
- Proficiency in data collection platforms (e.g., Qualtrics)
- Proficiency in statistical software (e.g., Microsoft Excel, SPSS).
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Possession of a PhD in psychology or related discipline.
- Experience working with diverse community populations.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with character and/or leadership research.
- Proficiency in quantitative or qualitative analysis.
- Responsible for own work.
- Supervises student workers.