Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee-ORIEN Program
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-04
The Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN) program brings together North America’s top cancer centers in a unique research partnership.” ORIEN at UVA is seeking a Clinical Research Coordinator Trainee to join our team. Clinical Research Trainees learn and assist with a variety of clinical activities, including work with laboratory specimens, document preparation, record keeping, materials preparation, and review of prospective research participants. Trainees perform work at the task level under close supervision. Strong communication and organizational skills are essential for this role.
Learn more about ORIEN here: https://uvahealth.com/services/cancer-research/partners-discovery/orien
- Receive training in proper research protocol compliance and development, including regulatory controls, study procedures, and data management.
- Work closely with Clinical Research Coordinators and Principal Investigators to learn the full scope of clinical research duties.
- Assist in the preparation of documentation, reports, graphs, and other materials, keeping appropriate logs, tracking participants, and preparing study materials.
- Under direct supervision, perform a variety of tasks, such as assisting in recruitment and screening of prospective research participants, obtaining informed consent from study participants, collecting, entering, and analyzing subject data; and compiling reports.
- Process, prepare, and ship laboratory specimens.
- To be promoted, trainees must demonstrate a basic understanding of the clinical research process and the regulations, both federal and local, governing the conduct of clinical research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree OR an Associate’s degree with appropriate health-related licensure.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $15.00 - $23.00 per hour based on experience. You will also be eligible for full-time, O&A University Staff benefits.
Please apply through Workday, and search for “R0017635”. Complete an application online and attach a CV/resume and cover letter. Internal applicants must apply through their UVA Workday profile by searching “Find Jobs” in the top search bar. This position is restricted and contingent upon the continuation of funding. This position will not sponsor applicants for work visas. This position is a restricted position and is dependent upon project needs, availability of funding, and performance. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. This position will also require an Education Verification (FSAKA) and a health/drug screen. All applications must be received by 09/24/20.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.