Clinical Lab Scientist 1 Client Services
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-02
Provides customer service and laboratory-related communication regarding specimen submission and reporting of results to healthcare providers that use UVA Medical Laboratories. Serves as a team leader and primary trainer and uses advanced problem-solving skills.
- Communicates patient results clearly accurately and effectively to laboratory clients.
- Serves as a resource to clients regarding test requirements specimen submission and other laboratory policies and procedures.
- Serves as a dispatch service for lab couriers.
- Coordinates various aspects of client services quality assurance and compliance functions.
- Performs area-specific support activities. Serves as Team Leader. Serves as primary trainer and mentor to new and existing staff.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Associate’s Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) or Bachelor’s Degree in Biology Chemistry or related science required.
Experience: MLT: no experience required. Bachelor’s Degree (Bio/Chem/related science): 2 years' experience required.
Licensure: None required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to noise, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.