RN/LPN/CMA/CCMA/RMA Team Care Specialist - Stuarts Draft
Job location: Stuarts Draft, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-08
** A $2,000 sign on bonus offered to the hired candidate **
- Half in first paycheck
- Half after three months of employment
The Team Care Specialist is responsible for providing clinical support to physicians and patients in a Regional Primary Care medical office. These duties may include: patient care, vital signs, assisting physician, performing various laboratory tests and quality control indicators, as well as telephone triage.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the job:
- Prepares patients to see physician(s).
- Gathers preliminary patient history and inputs into medical record system prior to visit for physician review
- Documents in the medical record services provided, orders, medications and other activities performed by Licensed Independent Providers in real-time during patient encounters. Ensures thoroughness of medical documentation, coordination and integration of medical tests/labs/imaging for ready access of the physicians while scribing.
- Administers medications. Perform venipuncture, start and regulate IV fluids.
- Performs laboratory tests and quality control indicators, preparing forms and follow-up results.
- Assists physicians in procedures and performs various tests independently.
- Operates spirometry, audiometry, tympanogram, EKG and vision tester.
- Files and evaluates lab work.
- Answers telephones, screens calls, confirms appointments, maintains appointment schedules following office scheduling procedures.
- Screens patient phone calls and give appropriate advice to patients.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of medical supplies for the practice.
- Cleans and stocks medical instruments.
- Documents in Medical Record as appropriate for services rendered.
- Other duties that may be specific to satellite medical practice.
Non-essential functions of the job:
- Schedules consult appointments, laboratory tests, and other diagnostic tests.
- Provides occasional back up to the front desk.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Current Virginia RN or LPN License or current Virginia CCMA/CMA/RMA Certificate (certification only from AAMA, AMT, NAHP, or NHA accepted).
- Presentation of State License documentation is required upon employment and annually thereafter.
- Two years previous experience working in a medical practice preferred.
- Must have experience operating electrocardiogram, lab and other medical equipment.
- Knowledge of OSHA guidelines and Universal Precautions protocols.
Knowledge and skills:
Experience utilizing a personal computer and computerized scheduling.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have any positions reporting to it.
WORKING CONDITIONS: General busy clinical environment. The incumbent will be working in an office and patient examination room and is required to help move patients when needed and standing during portions of the physical examination. Physical activity required would include the ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50 pounds, and would involve standing for prolonged periods of time, as well as frequently bending/stooping and walking. Physical hazards include potential exposure to body fluids and associated pathogens/infectious disease, as well as potential exposure to chemicals.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness in reaching set goals by adapting to changed circumstances, tasks, responsibilities, and people.
- Attention to Detail: Taking responsibility for a thorough and detailed method of working.
- Customer Focus: Knowing the (internal and external) customer business needs and acting accordingly; anticipating customer needs, and giving high priority to customer satisfaction and customer service.
- Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.