Student Services Front Desk Representative
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-09-09
The Office of the University Registrar (UREG) and the Office of Student Financial Services (SFS) at the University of Virginia seek a qualified candidate for the position of Student Services Front Desk Representative. The Student Services Front Desk Representative will respond to inquiries received primarily through mail, or face-to-face visitors, and engage in contact with members of the public, following standard scripts and procedures and escalating issues as needed. The incumbent will operate with an advanced understanding of the needs of the business unit, learning and employing a variety of computer software to track questions and answers, as well as enter orders. SFS and UREG are committed to the belief that diversity in all its forms is not merely a desirable complement to excellence; it is an essential component of it. The diversity of our team, and our team’s commitment to the importance of diversity, strengthens our ability to serve our students, faculty, and the University community effectively.
- Respond to customer's inquiries or complaints regarding the department's products or services.
- Ensure that good customer relations are maintained, and customer claims and complaints are resolved fairly and effectively, and in accordance with University policy.
- Proactively inform and educate customers, and develop improvement plans in response to customer feedback.
- Coordinate information to resolve problems, inform customers of problem resolution, and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Provide guidance and training to other representatives.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma with at least four years of experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds, cultures, and life experiences.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with students, families, vendors, and other third parties.
To be considered applications must be received by September 29, 2020. This is a Non-Exempt level, benefited position. Anticipated Hiring Range: $31,000 - $35,000 commensurate with education and experience. The University will perform background checks on all new hires prior to employment. For questions about the position or the application process, please contact Ashley Cochran, Senior Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply:
Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration, please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box.
Process for External Applicants: Please apply through Workday, and search for R0018401. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address).
Process for Internal UVA Applicants: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for R0018401. Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, CV/resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, and address
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.