Chancellor- Ancilla College of Marian University
The Chancellor of Ancilla College of Marian University is the senior leadership position responsible for giving clear direction, guidance, and mentoring to the leadership team, staff, faculty and students. Reporting to and working closely with the university president, the chancellor promotes Marian University’s Catholic mission and identity. With this mission as a foundation, the chancellor will spearhead the growth of Ancilla College of Marian University by articulating the vision in a variety of venues, creating a strategic plan, and forming partnerships with alumni, local community leaders, K-12 schools, healthcare, and businesses. These leadership responsibilities will require a presence on the campus of Ancilla College of Marian University in Donaldson, Indiana.
The primary responsibilities of the position are to cultivate a strong sense of community, rich in Catholic values, academic excellence, student success programs, service to others, and outreach that provide witness to the values of Ancilla College of Marian University. In collaboration with the Marian University Provost, the Chancellor is responsible for leading, planning, and implementing strong programs of excellence across the College. Maintaining accreditation across all academic programs and bringing distinction to student achievement and Ancilla’s reputation will be the hallmark of a successful Chancellor of Ancilla College. The Chancellor will also collaborate with the Marian University Provost, Student Success and Engagement leaders, and academic deans to develop new academic and co-curricular programs of exceptional quality.
The Chancellor is expected to provide visionary leadership and execute strategic initiatives to enhance the vision, values, and mission of Ancilla College within the community, region, and state. The Chancellor will articulate a compelling case for increased investment/donations from alumni, the community, foundations and all other critical constituencies. The Chancellor will create a culture of unity, engagement and belonging through shared governance focused on guiding students to find their unique talents and succeed in their life’s pursuits.
Finally, working alongside the Marian University President and Vice President for Advancement, the Chancellor will give strong leadership to develop the resources (funds, partnerships, etc.) necessary to achieve the aggressively aspirational goals of Ancilla College.
Chancellor job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Recruit and develop a dynamic and effective Board of Visitors that will play an integral role in advancing Ancilla;
- Articulate a strategic vision and long-term goals for the campus;
- Work alongside Marian University leadership to complete necessary actions for a successful integration of Ancilla College of Marian University;
- Actively engage the Catholic Franciscan mission by modeling the values, honoring the legacy of the founding congregations, promoting unity, and integrating the Catholic intellectual traditions with those of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ and Sisters of Saint Francis of Oldenburg in courses, programs, and services.
- Foster student success through increased enrollment, graduation rates, and quality placement of graduates;
- Foster interdisciplinary approaches to undergraduate and graduate education and research;
- Recruit, develop and retain outstanding faculty, administrators, students, and staff of diverse backgrounds;
- Lead Ancilla College’s development and alumni activities;
- Promote excellence and innovation in all mission areas;
- Build partnerships and collaborative relations with internal and external enterprises;
- Strengthen the regional and statewide reputation of Ancilla College and Marian University;
- Understand the role of intercollegiate athletics and administer (in collaboration with the Marian University Director of Athletics) a nationally respected program in compliance with NJCAA rules and regulations;
- Assist with Marian University’s strategic development of two-year education in the state of Indiana, and prepare for the possibility of leading these efforts in the future.
- An earned terminal degree or record of exceptional leadership success and evidence of scholarly, professional, or creative achievement is required.
- Desire and commitment to lead a liberal arts-based Catholic college that serves a diverse population of learners;
- Demonstrated leadership experience in higher education or comparable leadership experience;
- Demonstrated leadership and abilities in the administration of higher education programs;
- Experience with fundraising, including skills in securing grants, major and planned gifts, and annual support from alumni, community leaders, and friends;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and a history of commitment to successfully recruiting coworkers from diverse backgrounds to form a high-functioning, mission-driven team of common purpose;
- Experience communicating and leading successfully in a complex environment with various internal and external constituencies;
- Experience in working collegially with a wide variety of constituencies such as the Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) and chancellors of other institutions of higher education.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applications require a current resume, a cover letter, and names and contact information of three current references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to [email protected] will be considered.
Ancilla College of Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.